Help! Ideas For Princess Belle Cake Without Dolls Or Plasti

Decorating By Sumanne Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm by Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes

Sumanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sumanne Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 6

I am new to cake decorating (taken the first two Wilton classes) but my girls think I can make anything. Well, my twins are 3 in two months. One wants a Yo Gabba Gabba cake (which I think I have figured out) and the other wants a princess Belle cake. I am stumped. All the photos look wayyyyy to advanced for me. I MUST do a sheet cake b/c...well...they are twins and if one has a doll cake the other one will have a coronary if she only has a sheet cake. Any ideas for a Belle sheet cake that is "beginner"???

5 replies
mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 6

Does she need the entire head, etc? You could do a princess dress kinda like the wedding shower dress cakes, only make it look like Belle's dress. Then you could set a tiara (plastic toy one) on top. One thing I found with my kids is, if it resembles something they are familiar with, they are happy. I did a Spiderman cake for my son. This was before I started to decorate cake seriously. It, IMO, only resembled Spidey because of the colors used and the basic facial features. My son loved it because he knew it was supposed to be spiderman and it was for him. They don't see that something isn't as exact as what we see. thumbs_up.gif HTH! Make sure to post pics of them when you get them done! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 6

Why don't you do a cupcake cake..I have done this one several times for customers...
LL

Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 6

You could do a frozen buttercream transfer.
In short you tape waxed paper over a picture then trace it with buttercream starting with parts that are closest to you. Pop the whole thing in the freezer for an hour (or days) then invert it onto your cake.
I used the technique for flounder...
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1571854

I'm sure you can find a tutorial online, or better instructions on this site. Good luck,

Sumanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sumanne Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 6

Great ideas. Sugar n Spice...I love the frozen buttercream idea. Ho do you get the middle part so smooth? brush? Paper towel? I really like this idea b/c if I mess it up I can start over without ruining the cake! Thanks!

Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 6

It is flat b/c you do it on a cutting board then flip it.
Here is an article from cc w/ pictures. She explains it much better than I did.
http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%