Where To Get Beer Bottle Mold????

Sugar Work By sandy1 Updated 31 May 2014 , 3:09pm by tinks09

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 18

Where can I purchase a mold for beer bottles? Is there information on how to make bottles that look like the real thing, glass?
TIA
Sandy

17 replies
sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 18

Sandy,

there has been a thread of sugar beer bottles in the forum. I've made those bottles and you need to make the mold. I forgot the names of it but there are two types that decorators here use. I think I used the amazing putty, which I bought at Michaels in the molding section. Try making a search and maybe you'll find the instructions.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 18

Go to Youtube and do a search on sugar bottles. The person is Kayla who does a really good tutorial on how to make this mold. I am actually trying to make a wine bottle with it.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 18

If you check the MYOM section on here - Dominic has made many of them with his product.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 18

I used silicone plastique and isomalt to make a guiness beer glass and then I also used the slicone that is a two part silicone. Using either of these two methods you can make the mold with but its fairly expensive to buy all the necessary things to make them. The UTUBE video she used something similiar to the silicone (two part) that Dominque sells at Make Your Own Molds.com She paints the bottle with about 20 coats of the stuff to get her mold. The new method that Dominque created with the mailing tube gives you a better looking product in the end.
But there isnt a place you can buy a premade mold yet. You might be able to find a chocolate mold for one. I know Candyland Crafts has several different molds, might be worth looking into.

preciouspjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciouspjs Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:01am
post #6 of 18

is anyone willing to make a mold for me, and I will pay for it, through paypal?? please...

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:21am
post #7 of 18

You know it is really easy, I don't know how to do it but look on my pictures at my beer bucket. I went to Michaels and bought the liquid silicone and painted a beer bottle with the silicone. I had a fan on it so it would dry quicker. I used most of the silicone on one beer bottle, (apply another coat continuously each time it dries.) The beer bottle mold turned out so well I did a second kind of bottle then I did a shot glass. My husband was able to drink tequilla out of the the shot glass. It really was pretty simple.

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:20am
post #8 of 18

It's not difficult to do yourself.

Watch this http://cakecentral.com/articles/763/how-to-make-a-sugar-bottle

Dominic does a wonderful job of explaining it, very clear and concise. I've done a small diamond according to the directions in CC mag. It looks good on the inside but I needed a larger tube, so it's not usable, totally my fault. If I had used the right size tube it would have been perfect.

Kayla's video came up right after so you can see the differences. She uses a rubber latex product from Michaels.

HTH,
MaryAnn

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 18

Where in Micheals would you find the liquid silicone?

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 18

I bought a premade mold online. Am I allowed to post the site? If not, pm me and i'll send you the link!

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 3:54pm
post #11 of 18

I bought a premade mold online. Am I allowed to post the site? If not, pm me and i'll send you the link!

CatzCreationz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatzCreationz Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 8:29pm
post #12 of 18

i bought my mold at DTC (www.decoratethecake.com) they have different kinds of bottles! have a look icon_smile.gif

nanniesoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanniesoven Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:43pm
post #13 of 18

I use make your own molds, it is not hard and they come out great. look at my beer bucket cake on here. I t can be used over and over so even tho it is an investment at first it has paid for itself.

patticakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakes1 Posted 28 May 2014 , 10:02pm
post #14 of 18

Where may I ask do you get make your own molds?  I've been wanting to make some of my own for a while but could never find any supplies in my area.

tinks09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinks09 Posted 31 May 2014 , 3:03am
post #15 of 18

hi!

with the two part silicon mould, how did you join it?

i want to use isomalt and make a beer glass and bottle. i only have the two part mould though. can i stick it with tape? i want it to look like a proper bottle. thanx

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 31 May 2014 , 3:05am
post #16 of 18

www.makeyourownmoulds.com

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 31 May 2014 , 3:06am
post #17 of 18

oh and great service from them, too

tinks09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinks09 Posted 31 May 2014 , 3:09pm
post #18 of 18

AHi, I'm wondering whether you can use those mini silicon moulds that you get for gum paste, fondant flowers to pour isomal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%