Fondant Cracking For Sheet Music. Help

Decorating By goldenchld Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 12:11am by ptanyer

goldenchld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenchld Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 2

I do not usually use fondant for my cakes. I usually make the flowers from gumpaste. I need to make a drum cake for a little boy and she wants sheet music with musical notes on it. I have tried fondant and it looks cracked after time. Gumpaste keeps falling over. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, she wants little molded musical instruments. Ideas anyone?

1 reply
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:11am
post #2 of 2

How is the sheet music going to be set up on the cake? Standing up? How large? I would suggest gumpaste rolled out fairly thin, cut and trimmed and allowed to dry for several days. You can use a food safe marker to draw lines on it like regular sheet music (use a clear ruler to help space the lines and keep them straight. You could hand cut some musical notes or again use the food sake marker to write the notes. You could also use a Cricut to cut out the notes.

For the molded instruments have you checked out some candy molds? How about this: Musical Instruments Mold (NM-139) by Sunflower Sugar Art - http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19136&name=Musical%20Instruments%20Mold%20(NM-139)%20by%20Sunflower%20Sugar%20Art.

Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%