The Mmf From He**... Please Help Me !!!

Decorating By tesso Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 2:41am by tesso

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 4

I have never had a problem with MMF before. I am freaking !! I started making my MMF last night for this weekend. Made the plain white and no problem. I go to make my UK blue and it is a sticky gooey mess !!

After using one and a half bags of pwd sug It finally started to resemble fondant. I kept adding pwd sug and then it got too hard. This stuff can not find its happy place !!! I don't have time to keep redoing it. I made three batches of blue and ALL of them did this. I am using Americolor Royal Blue to tint. And it took a lot to get the intensity of blue that I needed. This is the recipe that I am using. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/15170/marshmallow-fondant-3

I am off to the day job now, going to try again tonight, HOPEFULLY with lots of advice from you guys on what the problem is and how to avoid it.

THANKS !!!

(Indydeb thanks for answering my PM last night, I do appreciate it.)

3 replies
3LittleBeesCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3LittleBeesCookies Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, there. I asked a similar question in a forum b/c I also had problems w/coloring MMF. I'll share with you some of the tips I received:

*Add color to the melted marshmallow before adding the PS.
*Use oil based candy colors instead of the regular icing colors.
*Color a small piece of MMF and then knead it into a larger piece. HTH.

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 4

I have great luck with making chocolate fondant by adding 2 ounces of melted chocolate and 2 Tbsp on cocoa powder. Maybe you could try coloring a couple ounces of white chocolate and adding your color that way. I always use 2 Tbsp on water with my marshmallows then a few more drops as needed during the kneading process.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 2:41am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tips. tonights came out better. I only used two tbs of water. I think with my added color it was just too much moisture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%