Ugh...is This Really Necessary??

Decorating By antonia74 Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 5:45am by Evoir

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 63

A plastic covering for the birthday cake?? Okay, granted I don't have kids....are we going to put them into padded plastic hamster balls next? Talk about overreacting! icon_lol.gif

http://www.slobberstopper.com.au/

icon_rolleyes.gif

62 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 63

thats just bizarre.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 63

Seriously??? Kind of reminds me of a skit you'd see on SNL... icon_lol.gif
This is insanity.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 63

you gotta be freakin' kidding me! icon_eek.gif

If you're so sick that blowing out candles will infect everyone else, then you've no business having a party to start with.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 63

lamest.birthday.ever!

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 63

The poor kids in the last picture--they will grow up thinking that the candles sitting on top of a piece of plastic is normal LOL

Too bad the "bright spark" that invented this doesn't realize how much human contact all cakes have while they are being made thumbsdown.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 63

Stop it!! LOL that is just too much. What is wrong with ppl? But the sad thing is there are those that will buy this thing no matter how tacky.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:24pm
post #8 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

you gotta be freakin' kidding me! icon_eek.gif

If you're so sick that blowing out candles will infect everyone else, then you've no business having a party to start with.

Amen! That's right up there with bubble-wrapping the kids to go to the park! icon_biggrin.gif

Jeliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeliz Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:25pm
post #9 of 63

Absolutely ridiculous! OMG, what will they think of next? What if the plastic catches on fire?

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm
post #10 of 63

HA!! Too funny.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #11 of 63

That plastic thing looks like a cake dome the grocery stores put their frozen cakes in. Does it not?

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:33pm
post #12 of 63

The next thing I expected to see was pieces of cake being cut and put into clear plastic deli boxes and the kids being sent out the door! icon_biggrin.gif No Germs Allowed!!! and if you eat your cake here you are liable to spread your germs to the rest of us. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
evelyn

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:34pm
post #13 of 63

Man, I wish I had thought of that! So many obsessive/compulsive ppl around that I'd probably make a million!

How about virtual McDonald playscapes? Germ free. All in your imagination.

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:36pm
post #14 of 63

That is ridiculous! Goes to show that people will buy anything! My kids and I were just talking about the Touch and Brush toothpaste dispenser. Just too much junk out there.

Rosa2745 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosa2745 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:37pm
post #15 of 63

LOL! I actually thought that there should be a product like this out there. You know, when your cake sits outside and you don't want anyone to ruin it. But more like a box you'd see in a musuem. But when I saw the video, I thought this was too FUNNY!

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:40pm
post #16 of 63

Or...

Just get your kid a plastic fish bowl and cram it over their head before going anywhere. You could make them wear an empty camelbak, feed the tube into a tiny hole in their fishbowl and voila!

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm
post #17 of 63

The owner of the shop I teach at bought one of these from a vendor just to see what it looked it - just it is plain silly. Gee if you are going to cover up a cake when you blow out the candles we might as well just muzzle everyone daily so that we don't breath on each other.....

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:46pm
post #18 of 63

Duh everyone knows that's how you get Swine Flu, it's transmitted through birthday cake.
And don't forget that dangerous candle wax, it's killer.
I knew a girl who knew a girl who knew a girl who died when she blew out her candles, the wax dripped on the cake and the whole town went up in flames. It was tragic.
This is a life saver.
I'm going to order 2 now.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:47pm
post #19 of 63

I'm just so tired of seeing how paranoid parents are with their kids touching anything with "germs" on it, then cleaning their hands constantly. These kids will be obsessive compulsives. More importantly though, germs exist and by being exposed to them we build immunities for our bodies to fight against them. If we keep too many germs away from kids, then when they do come in contact, and they will, their immune system will not be sufficient to fight off illness.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:48pm
post #20 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Duh everyone knows that's how you get Swine Flu, it's transmitted through birthday cake.
And don't forget that dangerous candle wax, it's killer.
I knew a girl who knew a girl who knew a girl who died when she blew out her candles, the wax dripped on the cake and the whole town went up in flames. It was tragic.
This is a life saver.
I'm going to order 2 now.

ROFLMAO icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:48pm
post #21 of 63

The Slobber Stopper....LMAO!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:50pm
post #22 of 63

you have got to be fricken kidding !!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAH icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif HAHAHA... I am laughing so hard the poor dog ran from the room !!

I was in walmart the other day and saw these two kids and their mother with masks around their necks...this guy started coughing a row over and the mother screams at the kids.. PUT THOSE MASKS ON !! YOU'LL GET THE SWINE FLU !! The kids rolled their eyes, as the mother was franctically pulling her mask up. I started to laugh and got out of that aisle as fast as I could before I totally lost it. (didnt want to embarrass the kids anymore than the mother had!!) icon_lol.gif those poor kids icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:53pm
post #23 of 63

maybe we should force sick kids to use a can of compressed air to blow out candles!!! Oh wait.......that makes a flame torch doesn't it LOL!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:54pm
post #24 of 63

It is a wonder we all survived childhood, isn't it?

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:55pm
post #25 of 63

I actually know someone who doesnt allow her kids to eat birtday cake if the candles was blown out. She always said it the fastest way to get sick icon_smile.gif

I'll mail her the link, she should import a couple to slap over the befroe the birthday child blows the candles icon_smile.gif

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:47pm
post #26 of 63

OMG! icon_lol.gif That was funny! the Slobber Stopper!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:55pm
post #27 of 63

You have got to be joking, what a waste of money.

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:00pm
post #28 of 63

Well, I certainly hope all the parents at the Slobber Stopper party remember to bring the hockey helmets to put on the kids before they start playing pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. Somebody could lose an eye!!

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #29 of 63

Not that I had a bad day or anything but that totally just made it better. I am laughing so hard right now. That's one of those "I gotta call (best friends name here)right now and tell her about this!!! icon_biggrin.gif

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:14pm
post #30 of 63

Oh my friend probably WOULD buy two of these! She is a compulsive freak! She used to hold her kids hands down when she fed them baby food so they would swat the spoon and make the food drip off the spoon! Her house, with 2 kids, is so freaking clean it is scary. Plus side, her house is spotless, negative side, her kids are ALWAYS SICK. My house, is, ahem, admittedly less clean, and my kids are never sick. Now, I am not saying anything is related here, but I think because her kids were NEVER exposed to germs of any sort, ( can we say bleach Queen) that her kids never built up and immunity to germs. I could be wrong, but it is a theory anyway! LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%