What Do You Use For Labels For Your Sugar Beer Bottles?

Sugar Work By CakeDiane Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 1:21am by ttehan4

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 9

I recently used an edible image printed on wafer paper and applied it to the sugar bottle with piping gel, but the wafer paper was kinda brittle. I wasn't thrilled with it. I was just wondering what other people used...

Would frosting sheets work? Do they need to be applied to a thin layer of fondant and then put on the bottle or can they be used by themselves?

Thanks!

8 replies
CakeDiane Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone??

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 9

I use wafer paper, but I use a tiny bit of corn syrup to attach it. There is a photo of a bottle cake in my photos that I used this method on.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 9

If you had an edible image printer you could copy it onto the sheet then just peel and apply, but with it being copyrighted for the beer company a grocery store wouldn't do it. That's how I would though.

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 9

I've been playing with frosting sheets alot lately. I think you could apply it directly to the bottle without any problems at all.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 9

ttehn4..................wow those look good. I didn't know you could use waffer paper, I thought it was too thick. Learned something here again.

CakeDiane Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 9

tthan4--yours DO look really good--didn't you find the wafer paper to be kinda brittle? Maybe my wafer paper is just old...

crear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crear Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:03am
post #8 of 9

You need to add some steam vapor in order for your rice paper to be flexible. Just a little exposure while you carefully shape the paper. You don't want it to wilt.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:21am
post #9 of 9

I didnt use any water or steam. I used a small amount of corn syrup on the back of the wafer paper. Once the corn syrup was applied and it was shaped to the bottle I didnt have any problem at all with it. I have made the bottle cake several times this way and it always works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%