Cricut... Should I Wait?

Decorating By SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm by kansaslaura

Scrumptious Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrumptious Creations Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 6:00am
post #31 of 33

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli
I suggest you purchase the DVD by Linda McClure. She will answer most of your questions. It's a very informative video. She doesn't have a Cake cricut just an Expression, like me. Tells everything you need to know about gumapste and the Cricut. Tells you how to outline with edible makers and cutout shapes, Damask, all on the Cricut Expression etc. It's a bit slow but very informative.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 6:05am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumptious Creations

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli
I suggest you purchase the DVD by Linda McClure. She will answer most of your questions. It's a very informative video. She doesn't have a Cake cricut just an Expression, like me. Tells everything you need to know about gumapste and the Cricut. Tells you how to outline with edible makers and cutout shapes, Damask, all on the Cricut Expression etc. It's a bit slow but very informative.

Thanks! I will do that... need all the help I can get!
Kelli

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I've been trying to decide what to do. I really need the Expressions for signage, etc for my shop, but would love one that would multi-task and do cakes as well. Does anyone know if the cake one will cut paper and vinyl as well?

Yes, you can do everything that the Expression or Personal will do on the Cricut Cake. If you haven't followed the other discussions, you MUST go to http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/. They have done extensive testing on both machines, and will show you the resulting cuts between the two. I am such a novice, and want to limit problems, therefore since I don't already have a machine, I think the best for me is the Cricut Cake, especially, since it can be bought for $300.00. Actually, I don't NEED either one, but would like to play with the Cricut Cake. icon_lol.gif

Thanks Judy!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%