Suggestions-How To Attach Wired Flowers To Cake?

Decorating By sugarsugargal Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm by Lelka

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

I have made some large single blooms and the petals are all wired, maybe this is a really silly question, but whats the best way to attach these to the cake please ?!?!? I want three blooms, one on each tier, and want to hide the stem so you just see the flower, is a posy pick the only way ? Thanks inn advance ! x

5 replies
nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 6

So far I have only put mine on the very top of the cake, and I've arranged my flowers using a "waste" glob of fondant (not meant for eating,) the same way I would use florist foam with real or silk flowers. If you want to stick them directly into the cake, the trick is to create a food-safe barrier between the wire/florists tape. You can dip them in melted chocolate (regular or white,) or wrap them in plastic wrap before you poke them in.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 6

Here is the link to the sticky post in the cake decorating forum. FUll of ideas to solve this problem. HTH

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632290.html

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

Drinking straws so that the wires cant cut through your cake. You can also squirt a little bit of RI or melted chocolate so they dont move.

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks all, this is very helpful icon_smile.gif

Lelka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelka Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 6

I use bubble straws for big flowers and I also dip the wires in white chocolate just in case.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%