Being A Responsible Adult Sucks At Any Age!!! I'm An Idiot.

Decorating By tesso Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 3:43am by Darth_Aerdna

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 13

Okay, DH and i went to Michaels yesterday to browse and get get the rest of my cake supplies that I need for my sisters cake wreck cake.

He comes over really excited, grabs me and says "You have got to see this, it is so COOL." He takes me to the Cricut machines where there is a huge advertisement for the cricut cake. He's like "oh, man that looks like so much fun. Want me to buy you one?"

I wanted to scream and hollar and yell YES!! YES!! YES!! I want one. But then I had a reality check. And said, "NO, it's $350-$400 and we are painting the house in May, buying a new lawnmower, and building the new deck off the back of the sun porch."

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Being a responsilbe adult sucks!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

12 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 13

Ok, get a used mower, buy cheaper paint, and.......build a smaller deck!
Problem Solved LOL

Just Kidding.....I know it does suck!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 13

You have more willpower than I do...if my hubby offered to buy me one I'd be at the checkout counter before he finished the sentence!! icon_wink.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 13

It does SUCK!!! My problem is I always over analyze things.. What our family could do with the money! Or what other business investment I could use the money for.

I just pre-ordered one!! Hubby was actually on board with it. This for me is an actual business investment and it will pay for itself!! icon_biggrin.gif Does that sound like a good enough excuse???? haha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 13

Next week it is making it's debut on HSN....you can make payments on it!!!!...

also...I ordered it a month or two ago at cut-n-crop online and it came to a TOTAL of $304...including shipping....shop around...it's much less than you think....and if you look at it as an investment...it will save you tons of money on cutters and time. Time=money.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 13

I should have posted this too... Cannot remember who posted this previously on CC but.. I ordered mine from www.scrappersmusthaves.com and with the FREEship50 code it was $299.95 with free shipping!!

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 13

Ooh he really puts the darling in DH!! That's so kind of him!! But wow, good for you for exerting will power there. I also would have been at the checkout line faster than he could say Cricut. Definitely shop around, or even wait a few months in case the price comes down after all the hype wears off a bit. icon_smile.gif

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 13

I took my basic cake decorating class (the rest I've learned from books, and here) 34 years ago, when I was 13. When I got my first Wilton catalogue (lived in very small town in Northern Ontario), my dad looked through it with me. He was the one who kept saying, do you want this, and this and this. I finally had to say, "dad that's too much" he had spent at least $200, and that was 34 years ago. He was the best. He used to sit and watch me decorate. I lost him 18 years ago and still miss him very much.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:41pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Ok, get a used mower, buy cheaper paint, and.......build a smaller deck!
Problem Solved LOL

Just Kidding.....I know it does suck!

I love it !!! Dh said instead of painting the house we could just cover it in fondant and put cute little cricut cutouts all over it. icon_lol.gif That man is silly. icon_biggrin.gif

tarheel * adven thanks for the info!!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 13

valerie

that story just tugs at my heartstrings.

he sounds like a wonderful dad.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:48pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

valerie

that story just tugs at my heartstrings.

he sounds like a wonderful dad.

icon_cry.gif ditto.

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:34am
post #12 of 13

Thanks, he was the best. I have 3 sisters and he encouraged us in everything we did. Too bad all parents aren't like that.

Darth_Aerdna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darth_Aerdna Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:43am
post #13 of 13

I had the same thing happen to me today.
My mother had seen the Cricut cake in the HSN flyer. She asked me if I wanted one.

I, again being a responsible adult, told her no.

As much fun as it would be, there are so many more "important" things that I could use for my house- NOT that cake is not important!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%