Red Velvet With A Green Frosting?

Decorating By lauraburns Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm by leily

lauraburns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauraburns Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 3

A friend asked me yesterday to make a small groom's cake for her fiance. (I'm already making her a small wedding cake. They're having a simple courthouse wedding on Monday.)

She said it doesn't have to be anything special. But he is a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, so she asked that the frosting be green with white lettering. And he likes red velvet cake.

SO, do you think green frosting on a red cake is going to be gross? I have no problem doing it, but I want to make sure it won't be disgusting. I was going to try the Decorator's Cream Cheese frosting recipe I saw on here.

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 3

Well, it's going to look a lot like Christmas but if it's his favorite then I say go for it.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 3

you could also color the red velvet cake green instead. It's just food coloring. Or you could even do it white (I just substitute water for all of the red coloring for this) you get the same taste just different color.

Around christmas time my grandma always colors half of the batter red and the other half green so we have alternating colors of red/green with white icing.

Hope this gives you some other ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%