Ice Cream Cupcakes...how To?

Baking By alene Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 12:43am by Joyfull4444

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:48am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever heard of this and how would you put ice cream in the middle of cupcakes?

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:04am
post #2 of 8

I saw it on Uwrapped on the food networkThis guy started making these ice cream cupcakes for his ice cream shop..I think he cuts out the cake in circles and fills the muffin pan with one layer and then soft ice cream levelled off and then adds a top circle of cake and then adds ganache and freezes the whole thing....Looked really yummy.

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:37am
post #4 of 8

Thanks so much Kiddiekakes & Joyfull.

alene Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 8

Ok, now I know how to make the ice cream filled cupcakes but does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it look like one big cake? Wonder if it would be possible to do a fbct? I don't think I could work fast enough to decorate this before it all melted, unless I was standing in a freezer. LOL Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sara789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara789 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 8

I have seen combo cuppies at Coldstone Creamery that I want to try (http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/novelties/cupcakes.html). They have a chocolate shell with a layer of cake topped with a layer of icecream, and then decorated with frosting and toppings. This may be way off topic, but your post made me think of these.

Oh yeah--how I would make them...

I would make chocolate shells using the Wilton silicone cupcake liners. Bake a sheet cake and cut out circles to put in the bottom of the chocolate shells. Then slightly soften some ice cream and scoop it on top of the cake. Frost, decorate, and see the kids devour.

alene Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:23am
post #7 of 8

Thanks Sara789 for the tips but I dont' think I could decorate them before the ice cream melted. I could one at a time but she wants the whole thing to look like one big cake.

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:43am
post #8 of 8

Heres an older thread about ice cream cakes from Tracys SDs..

HTH

http://pub45.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3783415996&frmid=34&msgid=682548&cmd=show

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%