post #1 of 34

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

33 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 34

Easy day for me. Two cakes already picked up. One wedding cake done as far as it can go for tonight.

Was it ever easy! Rustic look - where the icing is all globbed/swirled on. NO smoothing at all!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:39am
post #3 of 34

Working on fondant/gumpaste 3D Teacups for a 3D Teapot cake for April 17th and trying to get my new Edible Image printer up and running..having a few ink problems but Debbie from Icing Images has been amazing!!

leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:42am
post #4 of 34

My edible ink printer died several months ago. So far I haven't replaced it. Haven't really missed it much either. There's a shop in town that will run anything.

DanaMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaMae Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:42am
post #5 of 34

8" tier and 10" tier for baby shower tomorrow afternoon iced and in fridge. Will add fondant tomorrow. Easy evening! icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:42am
post #6 of 34

I should be making some gumpaste pieces for a birthday cake and baby shower cake, but after working a full day in my office job I can't seem to get motivated. I'm watching Medium instead. I REALLY need to go mix up some black gumpaste. Yawn.

leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:43am
post #7 of 34

Why is it in the fridge DanaMae? Perishable filling?

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:43am
post #8 of 34

I just got all the stuff the other day and am anxious to get using it.I make alot of plaques and things for cakes so I am hoping to get it going soon!Not really much into doing just edible image cakes like the grocery store but if a customer wants that I will do it...for an extra fee of course...

Have a busy week next week though....

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:46am
post #9 of 34

Speaking of which..Has anyone ever painted floral pattern like roses on the gumpaste teacups? You know the popular rose pattern everyone had...Burgundy and yellow roses..My mom has that pattern...I don't want to do those colors..I want to do something like that pretty 4 tiered cake in the most saved on the front page...Spring cake...really pretty but I can't freehand if you paid me... icon_cry.gif

leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:52am
post #10 of 34

Don't look at me. I can't freehand either.

And I'm married to a fine artist (painter.) The talent does not rub off.

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:54am
post #11 of 34

Me either..My daughter draws better than I do and she is 7...Pathetic eh....

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:56am
post #12 of 34

Just got home from the bakery and have to go back in at 5 am. Have 500 more petit fours going out tomorrow icon_smile.gif Got all the cakes done today! yeah

leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:58am
post #13 of 34

500 petit fours? I bow down low to you. I think I'd rather eat dirt.

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:58am
post #14 of 34

Wow.Jenn..You are busy!!! Better get some sleep!!

leah_s Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:00am
post #15 of 34

You all keep each other company. I've got guests tonight in the B&B, so got to get up in the morning to feed them. Then finish and deliver this cake by 11 a.m.

DanaMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaMae Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:03am
post #16 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Why is it in the fridge DanaMae? Perishable filling?

No perishable filling. Just wanted the cake to be firm in the morning when I cover with fondant.

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:04am
post #17 of 34

Just finished a 3D my little pony.....used my cricut for the writing

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:05am
post #18 of 34

Night Leah!!! ZZZZZZ..I'm out too..gotta get the kiddlings to bed!!!

SliceCakeStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceCakeStudio Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:09am
post #19 of 34

Working on a 60th birthday cake. It says "only 59 with tax" cute, huh?

JenniferAtwood Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:10am
post #20 of 34

When I get home, no matter how tired I am, I can't just go to sleep. I have to relax a bit. lol We do 1.8 Million a year. 10% of that is petit fours, so you could say we do ALOT of them.

JenniferAtwood Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:20am
post #21 of 34

ok...now that I am relaxed...I am headed to bed. Night

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:21am
post #22 of 34

I had one for last night (8 layer chocolate) and I have a beer bucket cake due for Monday but nothing in between. I've scheduled April really light because my mom just had knee surgery and I'm her primary caregiver so my life is going to be wrapped around the day job, the events we already had on the books and what few cakes were scheduled before the surgery was. Gonna make my life super busy but I imagine that means time will fly fast.

And I agree, I'd rather eat dirt than do 500 petite fours and I don't free hand paint worth a damn. I'm SO envious of those who can but as you said, it doesn't rub off from my very talented artist people in my family.

I'm home now for just a few minutes and then back to my mom's for the night. My Aunt comes on Sunday so I'll have a break while she is here so maybe I can play a bit with cake for the family. Our Easter is next weekend so the kids can play with G'ma so I may have enough time to dream up an Easter cake in the meantime.

Have a great weekend everyone!

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:21am
post #23 of 34

Gonna make some fun for my residents this weekend. Baking and making frosting tomorrow. Then set up in the lobby of the assisted living on Sun and do basketweaves and flowers where they can watch me. Then for dinner, I'll cut the cakes they watched me decorate.

If they're stuck at the home on Easter and I'm stuck at work, we might as well have some cakey fun! icon_cool.gif

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:22am
post #24 of 34

uggh! I am glad to be done with my Friday.

My hand is killing me. Today I decorated 24 dz buttercream frosted sugar cookies, 2- 2 tiered cakes and 10 sheet cakes.

I should have let my employees do all the cookies but I took pity on them because they were behind getting them done on time.

They kill the hand though icon_cry.gif

One more day of Easter chaos and then a break.

Good luck to all who are still up caking it.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:34am
post #25 of 34

I got a pudding filled topsy turvy cake delivered safely (and miraculously...and then downright lucky if it made it through cutting haha)...

And then just a bit ago finished the last of a sunflower bridal shower cake order....48 cupcakes with a piped sunflower on top of each one (covering whole surface) and then a 10" round covered with made-ahead gumpaste petals and made to look like a big sunflower...similar to a hibiscus cake I made a couple years ago...but...a sunflower.

So happy to get a bit of a breather tomorrow before the next wave of caking hits.

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:57am
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilbern

Gonna make some fun for my residents this weekend. Baking and making frosting tomorrow. Then set up in the lobby of the assisted living on Sun and do basketweaves and flowers where they can watch me. Then for dinner, I'll cut the cakes they watched me decorate.

If they're stuck at the home on Easter and I'm stuck at work, we might as well have some cakey fun! icon_cool.gif

That sound like tons of fun!! They will love it! I have had groups of nursing home residents come for tours at the bakery and I LOVE them!! They are soo much fun and ask great questions. There is one in every group that has worked at a bakery. Have a great Easter!

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:17am
post #27 of 34

Finished cupcakes earlier now I'm just finishing up a wrestling cake for the morning, this was my first time using my airbrush on a cake (love my airbrush) icon_biggrin.gif I just need to remember to go slow, quick movements and colour can and DOES spill. icon_eek.gif Fixed it ok thou.

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:34am
post #28 of 34

It's my BIRTHDAY! So of course....what do us cakers do on our birthdays.....make our own cakes! My family is throwing a party tomorrow and I am making my own cake, so thats what I am doing tonight! I am making a oreo cake with oreo bc.

I am also making a birthday cake for my puppy! It's her birthday as well, so of course, she's gotta have a cake too! I am making doggie jerky cake for her and my parents dog to have there own little doggie party tomorrow as well!

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 5:09am
post #29 of 34

Happy Birthday Kandy, with you making your own cake least you know it'll taste and look great. icon_biggrin.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 5:11am
post #30 of 34

Happy birthday, Kandi. I made my own cake this year, too!

I´m sitting here making fondant chickies, duckies, bunnies and eggies for our Easter egg hunt on Sunday. We don't dye real eggs anymore (too many of them are never found until they're rotten), so my granddaughter and I make these little animals to give to everybody and we bake little puff pastries in the form of chicks and eggs. The Easter egg hunt is for her school friends, and afterwards all the moms bring food so we can have lunch together.

I'm also starting to work on a cake for next Friday--a birthday cake for an 8 yr. old who wants a Michael Jackson theme. It's actually a commission, one of my first, so I'm on my way to being a professional decorator (I'm in compliance with all the health department rules and home kitchens are okay where I live, but I haven't done anything for pay until now). I'm very excited at the prospect, since I just found out I can take early retirement from my job and I can move here permanently and make cakes to my heart´s content!
I hear a lot of snoring. Are you guys still up?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%