Help! Fresh Strawberry Pie Emergancy!

Lounge By melodyscakes Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 4:14am by melodyscakes

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 5

I need a recipe for a fresh strawberry pie that firms up. I made one yesterday, and it didn't firm up...it was too liquidy

Help!!!! I need this a.s.a.p. thank you so much!!!!

and I need to know when I should make it so it is perfect for delivery on Sunday afernoon to be served Monday.

thank you so much!!

melody

4 replies
dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

I always go to Allrecipes.com, type in strawberry pie, and click on sort by rating( the highesT to the lowest). this way you can see how may people favored the recipe and if it was successful. Good Luck

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:07am
post #3 of 5

and you could also go to alton browns site. or paula deens site. on foodnetwork. i do this alot also.

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:09am
post #4 of 5

How firm do you want it? Mine is firm enough to cut and serve, but it certainly doesn't stay in perfectly pretty little slices. I fill a baked crust with strawberries (whole if they're small, halved or quartered if they're bigger). Mix together 1.5 c. mashed strawberries, 1 c. sugar, and 3 T. cornstarch and boil it for 2 minutes, then pour that over the strawberries, jiggling a little if necessary to make sure the "goo" gets all the way down. Chill several hours until set.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:14am
post #5 of 5

thank you so much!!!!!

melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%