Pearl Airbrush Sheen

Decorating By valcomer Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 5:48am by EvMarie

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 10:06am
post #1 of 6

i just bought that prevail sprayer that showed in amazing wedding cakes to use instead of an airbrush. does anyone know if i have to dilute americolor pearl airbrush sheen when i put it in the unit?..it sprays really thick even when far away..does anyone have experience using it to know whether a real airbrush is alot finer or not?...thanks everyone!

5 replies
fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 10:49am
post #2 of 6

if you dont mind me asking, where did you but it?

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 6

I use it all the time and have never had any trouble with it being thick.... do you think it may be too old? You can thin it out with vodka....but I may would just return it if it's thick.

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 4:38am
post #4 of 6

i bought it on amazon for 6 bucks plus s/h

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabray13

if you dont mind me asking, where did you but it?

I bought one years ago at Home Depot, so you might check with them. I tried to use it to paint some woodwork, but couldn't use it correctly. It didn't work for me. I don't want to start a big discussion/argument, but I think there was a discussion on CC that it wasn't foodsafe??? OK....here we go....Yikes! icon_lol.gif

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 5:48am
post #6 of 6

I have a regular airbrush and just used the Americolor pearl sheen tonight on some cookies. It sprayed pretty darn fine to me. I actually went over the cookies 2 times to get a bit more shimmer.

I don't know if the color was old or not. When I shook my bottle it sounded like shaking a carton of orange juice.

If your color isn't old, could you run some warm water through the unit? I'm not sure how it works. Just a thought...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%