Smallest Size Tiers For Tt

Decorating By Normita Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 11:13pm by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone!!

I have been asked to do a TT for about 25-30 ppl. I dont know if this is even possible without it looking so funny!! I know that most TT are carved at the bottom. I was thinking of a 8 and 6 or a 7 and 5. Also, how do you determine how many serving you get once you carve the bottom?

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 5

This is a 5,7

I considered it 20 servings (7"=15 serv. , 5"=5 serv)

It was a 5" on top carved in to 4" at the bottom

bottom cake was 7" on top carved in to 6" on the bottom. each cake was 3 layers of cake

HTH
LL

Normita Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Khalstead. That size does not look bad at all. I was wondering if you were basing it off the wilton serving chart or the earlenes?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 5

nah, it's my own serving chart LOL

Wilton says a 7" will give you 18 servings (7x7x3=147 div. by 8 18.375 serv.)
wilton says a 5" will give you 9 servings. Basically I round wilton's chart down to the nearest 5 servings!

There is a little more cake because it's 3 layers high instead of 2, however people still cut them the same, the piece is just taller, so to compensate for the extra cake I charge a high per/serv. price for topsy turvy cakes!

HTH

Normita Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks...but do you subtract some of the servings since you carved the bottom down a size...or is that where you subtract 5 servings from the wilton...or do you always subtract 5 servings from the wilton regardless if its a TT or not??

Sorry so many questions icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%