Blackberry Users?

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 3:32pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 10

So I got a new phone Tuesday night and am still getting use to using it. Last night I had this screen come up when I tried to 'click' on the first envelope at the bottom of the screen. The message I am getting says: Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullpointerException and has a little blue okay screen. When I click the okay it goes away but still doesn't let me in the envelope.

It has let me in that folder a few times this morning but more often than not I get that message.

Does anyone know what it means? How to get it to go away or fix it? Can anyone help me, please?

9 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 10

What model blackberry do you have??
You might need to go back to the store where you bought them and have them flash the software (its like an update/reboot) to the operating software of the phone.

Have you tried turning the phone all the way off for about 15 minutes- and turning it back on and try it again??

TexasSugar Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 10

I have the Tour. I haven't tried turning it off. I need to pull out the book and figure out how to do that.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 10

You should have an off icon on your screen.
Try turning it off- that usually fixes a lot of software freak outs

TexasSugar Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 10

I'll do that. Thanks! If it doesn't go away I'll take it back up there. I want a phone that works, but I also don't want to run to them with ever little thing. icon_smile.gif

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 2:41am
post #6 of 10

I have that happen on my Storm now and then. Just a software thing. Definitely try turning it off. Let it sit a couple minutes, then turn it back on. If that doesn't help, it may need to reboot. Take the battery out, leave it for a few seconds then put it back in. It will take the phone a few minutes to reboot, then you should be fine. Funny thing is, my hubby hasn't ever had to do this. I think it's just because he ignores his most of the time. LOL

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:56am
post #7 of 10

Yeah...too much going on. Sort of like when you have a bunch of windows open on your comp, its freezes. It's the same thing for the BB.

If you have a data plan, you need to make sure to clear the cookies/ cache frequently and clean the memory to free up space or it will do that. Sometimes it gets hung and you have to take the battery out or just reset it, then clear the memory.

TexasSugar Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks!

I hasn't done it again since yesterday afternoon. I was going to take the battery out but I couldn't get the plastic case around the phone off. I was afraid I was going to break it. So I'll just leave it be for now.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 10

Also, if you didn't get one with a lot of available, you will need to add additional.

TexasSugar Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 10

I'm not really sure what all I got. I'm not the most phone savy person. This is the first phone I've had with the internet, what does that tell you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%