I Got Engaged!

Lounge By whit6 Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 4:19pm by whit6

whit6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whit6 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:37am
post #1 of 20

Hey everyone (this may get long lol)

Just wanted to share my good news that my boyfriend proposed yesterday! It was so cute and thoughtful. He sent me on a scavenger hunt. When I got home from work there was a CD of songs for me to listen to in the car, the first clue, and money for gas since I would be driving all over town.

The clue sent me to the restaurant where we had our first date. It said "shelves of fondant, icing, and cake. The store with items to help you bake" Since that store is about 40 mins away he also gave the hostess my favorite drink and cheetos to give to me for the ride (i was so happy because i was starving! lol)

When i got there i knew i was supposed to look near the piping tips. I kept looking near the wilton area but couldnt find anything. The workers finally asked me if i needed help and i asked them if they knew anything. They played it off like they didnt know anything at first, but finally directed me towards the tips they have in a big jewelry type case that had the clue taped to the glass. I just thought it was so nice that he incorporated something i love like cakes into the hunt.

That clue lead me to the culinary school we both went to. We met while we were both in the Front of the House class at the school restaurant. He had that clue taped to the restaurant door.

The last clue told me to go to the parking lot of the school, which was where he first asked me out. He was waiting for me there with my ring!!

Thank you for letting me share this! Im very excited. Now im wondering how i will ever decide on a cake design for my wedding lol

19 replies
mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:40am
post #2 of 20

Congratulations that was so thoughtful and sweet i am happy for you both!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:42am
post #3 of 20

Congratulations--what a great story. Happy planning!

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:43am
post #4 of 20

awwwhhhhhhhhhhhhh congratulations!!!!!!!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:09am
post #5 of 20

Congrats!! That is super romantic.

Much happiness to you both,

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:54am
post #6 of 20

You have a great one there! Your post made my day!! Congratulations on your engagement, and for finding a guy that is so very thoughtful. icon_smile.gif

whit6 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 3:21am
post #7 of 20

Thank you all for your kind words! icon_smile.gif

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:20am
post #8 of 20

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif

What a romantic and thoughtful way to propose.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 20

awwww congratulations!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:34pm
post #10 of 20

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:56pm
post #11 of 20

Congratulations! He's a keeper!

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:25pm
post #12 of 20

Awww, how cool! Congrats!!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:59am
post #13 of 20

So happy for you! Such a cute story. =)

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:44pm
post #14 of 20

Congratulations!!! What a sweet story you have to tell.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:24pm
post #15 of 20

Congratulations thumbs_up.gif

He sounds just wonderful.

So are you planning the wedding cake yet icon_razz.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm
post #16 of 20

Congratulations!!!!! He certainly put a lot of thought and planning into that proposal -- he'll make a great husband!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #17 of 20

He's a keeper!! icon_lol.gif That is so romantic and sweet !! CONGRATULATIONS !!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 7:00pm
post #18 of 20

That's really sweet! Congrats!

P.S. Are you going to make your own cake?

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:23am
post #19 of 20

Awwwe, your fiance did it right, didn't he! thumbs_up.gif So do you have the DATE yet?!!! icon_biggrin.gif I am a newlywed myself...congratulations and have fun planning the two of you's wedding! princess.gifking.gif

whit6 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:19pm
post #20 of 20

Thank you all!

And about the whole cake issue.....Iv been going back and forth on it. First off I know my own work of course and could obviously make it much cheaper myself.....but then i also think is that something i really want to be dealing with the last days before my wedding? Would it just be too stressful?

Have any of you done your own cake? What was your experience?

The good thing is I have plenty of time to decide. Were going to take our time so we can both get the wedding we want and allow us time to save. It probably wont be until next spring, or possibly even the fall after that so we have a year to a year and a half.

We will paying for the wedding ourselves, except for a few things here and there that immediate family will contribute as their gift. Im really focused on a DIY wedding, not only to save money but because I like to do those things. Eventually I want to start a catering/event planning company where someone can come to me for one stop shopping for everything from invitations, food, cake, decor etc. (It would be a family business with my fiance who is also a chef and my older sisters and their husbands) I figure my own wedding is a great start lol

If anybody has some DIY wedding tips too that would be greatly appreciated!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%