Peanut Btr Rkt? Yes/no To Mold Figures

Decorating By iris219 Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 12:34pm by poohsmomma

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone used the peanut butter RKT's to mold your figures? My daughter does not like the regular RKT's and only likes the peanut butter ones and I wanted to do a figure for her cake using peanut butter RKT do you know if it will hold up the same as the regular RKT?

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 7

not sure ihave ever seen peanut butter RKT. do you have a recipe you can share? they sound good.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 7

Krispies are krispies, any kind (i.e., fruiti pebbles, cocoa krispies, etc.). I've used them all. They work just fine.

iris219 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

not sure ihave ever seen peanut butter RKT. do you have a recipe you can share? they sound good.

This is what I use:

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice Krispies

*Add sugar and syrup. Bring to a gentle boil: just enough to sissolve sugar completely. Do not over cook as the bars will get hard.
*Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, stir in completely.
*Stir and add rice crispies slowly, mixing completely.
*Pour into 9X13 cake pan and let cool.

I also add melted chocolate all over the top of the rice Krsipies, because that's they way my daughter likes them.

Enjoy!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 7:32am
post #5 of 7

iris, those sound great. We're a peanut butter family here so will definitely give this a try.

Not sure how they would hold up as the recipe is different from the standard rkt one. But You can always make a test batch (of course only use half for testing and the other half for eating icon_smile.gif )

What are you trying to mold?

iris219 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

But You can always make a test batch (of course only use half for testing and the other half for eating icon_smile.gif )

What are you trying to mold?

oh yes, will have to do a test run. I still have time to play with this, my daughter wants me to make her a figurine to put on her cake. Don't know exactly what yet....she is undecided.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 7

I'm with leily.
I think the peanut butter will keep them too soft to hold their shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%