Filling For Marshmallow Eggs?

Sugar Work By JudyDP Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm by JudyDP

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 5

I am making some "boring" vanilla flavored homemade marshmallow Easter eggs that I intend to dip in chocolate. The finished egg, when putting the two halves together will be about 1 1/4" tall, and 2 1/4" long. Does anyone have any idea as to what I can put between the two halves to make it more interesting. I don't want it to be just a "blob" of marshmallow. The eggs are for adults. Should I flavor the next batch with something.....what can I do to "kick it up" a notch? I have never made anything like this, and would greatly appreciate any input!

4 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 5

Hollow them out, and put a scoop of ganache?
Lots of liqueur flavors to add if they are for adults.

JudyDP Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you,7yyrt for your reply. I just tried to hollow one out. They are pretty sticky, but I can do it. Would I flavor the marshmallow with LorAnn oil....Kahlau, etc.? I couldn't use real Kahlau, could I? Also, if I use ganache (good idea), would they need to be refrigerated? I need to make them Thursday so I can give them to a friend Friday...part of an Easter basket, for her to take to her family gathering Sunday. Would the ganache ruin if not refrigerated? Once again, thank you very much for your reply!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 5

I was thinking of flavoring the ganache, not the marshmallow; although you could...
They would be rather like truffles (which are ganache coated in chocolate/ nuts/ jimmies, etc. ). BTW: yes, you can use real alcohol in them.
Truffles are usually fine for 3 days unrefrigerated.
-
Just so you're not only taking the word of some strange woman on the internet -

According to Joy of Cooking, ganache keeps at room temperature 3 days, refrigerated 1 week, or frozen 3 months.
-
You're quite welcome, I like to help if I can.

JudyDP Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 5

Your're one of the the nicest "strange women on the internet" I've met, and I truly appreciate the information! I'm going for it! Thank you...Happy Easter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%