Homemade Cake Glue?

Baking By ArtieTs Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 7:57pm by ArtieTs

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 4

I found this link for cake glue & was wondering if anyone has something similar I can make at home that would do the same thing. Thanks.

http://www.earlcraftncake.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89&products_id=397

3 replies
ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 4

I use meringue powder and water, just mix and store in an airtight container. It works wonderfully and dries hard and clear. I've tried other edible glues but this one works the best for me.

(By the way, you could buy a small container of meringue powder for just a few dollars. It lasts a long time and can be used for glue, fondant, and other recipes).

ETA: Here's the instructions from Wilton:

Quote:
Quote:

Mix Meringue Powder and water together in a very small container (1 or 2 oz. size recommended). Add more water if mixture is too thick. The consistency should be that of heavy cream. Mixture should be thin and transparent when brushed on petals and leaves. It should not be too thick so that it leaves a buildup. Brush on decorations. Cover and refrigerate any remaining adhesive. Mixture may be kept for 4-5 days if needed.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 4

You can also dissolve tylose or CMC in water to make your own glue. You can also place a wad of gumpaste in some water and microwave a few seconds at a time, stirring in between unless its dissolved.

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the help. I just so happen to have merigune powder. I'm not sure now why I bought but I'm glad I did. I really love CC. Don't laugh but sometimes when my mind wonders to Cakeland (which is very often)and I think of something & need an answer, I just automatically know I can get me answer here. I really love CC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%