What To Use As Separators...

Decorating By jessielou Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 2:48pm by jessielou

jessielou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielou Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 3

Kind of a stupid question. I am doing a four tier wedding cake and the bride just decided she wants separators between each tier. Ive never done that before so Im a little unsure of how to go about it. Could I use styrofoam covered in fondant for the separators? And what do I use for the cake boards so that they wont be noticed? TIA Jessica

2 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 3

You should be able to use styrofoam as separators. I almost bought that separator set from wilton until I noticed that's all it was. Styrofoam circles. And they wanted 15 bucks for it.

As far as the cake boards. When you're assembling the cake tiers, place the layer on a cake circle that is the exact size as the cake itself. You may need some bc to anchor it on there. Then place the board on another larger board. That is what you're going to use to transport and ice the cake. Once the cake is ready to be assembled, run a spatula around the bottom of the cake, between the two cake boards just to separate the frosting from that larger board. Slide the spatula under the cake and lift, place it on the styrofoam supports. Easy peasy.

jessielou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielou Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%