To All Pa Bakers.. Quick Question

Decorating By blondmary Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 3:31am by Kima920

blondmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondmary Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 6

I know this questions has probably been asked many times, but still can't find help. I recently moved to Lansdale, PA (Montgomery County) and I am desperately trying to find either Pastry Pride or Bettercreme... I have asked everywhere with no luck. I used to live in Los Angeles and had no problem finding Pastry Pride (S&F), but I'm new to the city here and don't know anything around. Any info will be helpful. thank you everyone and happy baking icon_biggrin.gif
Maria

5 replies
neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #2 of 6

I live in Pittsburgh, PA, but have you tried GFS? Gordon's Food Service. Check online to see if you have one in your area. Also just google cake suppliers near you and call and ask them to see. hth

Hillywu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hillywu Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:34am
post #3 of 6

Not to hijack the thread, but what exactly does GFS have (besides the bettercreme) that a cake decorator could use? I live in Indiana, PA and didn't even know that there was a GFS in Monroeville, so just curious. Thanks in advance!

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:51am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillywu

Not to hijack the thread, but what exactly does GFS have (besides the bettercreme) that a cake decorator could use? I live in Indiana, PA and didn't even know that there was a GFS in Monroeville, so just curious. Thanks in advance!

I bought a dough cutter there, you can use it to smooth your buttercream around the sides of your cakes. You can buy 2 or 3 kinds of icing/frosting, I think. They also have gadgets and kitchen tools and cake pans, etc. Check out their website first to save your gas. You'll have to Google it. If you need more help, just holler! Sincerely, Neecerator

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 1:34am
post #5 of 6

Have you check Oasis?

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

I'm new to PA (only been here 2 years) but the cake store near me sells it though it is really expensive $9 for a small carton and $40 for a big one! If anyone knows of a cheaper place to get it I would be interested. Oh and I live in York.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%