3D Fondant Figurines With Chocolate Back?

Sugar Work By tmt578 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 8:28pm by scionmom

tmt578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt578 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 2

Hey there... In bad need of some help! I made Silhouette Disco Dancers (1/2 and 1/2 Gumpaste and MMF to put on top of a 10" square cake; however, the goal was to have them standing on top of the cake. I made them on Wednesday so they could dry properly, but when I felt the bottom, they were still soft today. I need to deliver the cake today by 9pm and they are breaking.

I'm wondering if someone could help me with this idea. I'm thinking of melting chocolate to use on the back of the silhouette dancer to make it more sturdy to stand on the cake. Would this work? I've also stuck tooth picks through the feet of the dancers to stick down into the cake. Is there a better way of doing this?

Can someone please help!?

Thanks!

1 reply
scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 2

Instead of sticking the toothpicks into the figures. You might use some RI to glue a stick to the back of the figures, that way you arent sticing something in the fragile cutouts. As far as the chocolate goes I have no idea, but thought this might help.
Oh and to dry them a little faster try sticking them in the oven with JUST the light on. I have heard this helps with drying!
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%