3D Fondant Figurines Need Serious Help

Decorating By tmt578 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 8:14pm by lisamenz

tmt578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt578 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 2

Hey there... In bad need of some help! I made Silhouette Disco Dancers (1/2 and 1/2 Gumpaste and MMF) to put on top of a 10" square cake; however, the goal was to have them standing on top of the cake. I made them on Wednesday so they could dry properly, but when I felt the bottom, they were still soft today. I need to deliver the cake today by 9pm and they are breaking.

I'm wondering if someone could help me with this idea. I'm thinking of melting chocolate to use on the back of the silhouette dancer to make it more sturdy to stand on the cake. Would this work? I've also stuck tooth picks through the feet of the dancers to stick down into the cake. Is there a better way of doing this?

Can someone please help!?

Thanks! icon_redface.gif

1 reply
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 2

When ever I use a 3-D standing piece that I have made, I only trust gumpaste, but of course I live in florida where the humidity is high, almost all year round. Also you can make royal icing and put a nice coating on the back and that will help if it has time to set up competely. Royal icing just has to be able to dry and it will hold something like that. or I'm sure you can just do a straight piece of gumpaste. thats if you have the time, Hope this helps and Happy Cake Decorating thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%