Mmf And Cookies

Baking By CAKEARTIST Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 2:02am by The_Lil_Cakehouse

CAKEARTIST Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEARTIST Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 9

Can you use MMF to cover cookies to decorat? I have never used MMF but just wondered.

8 replies
sweetcreationsbykimberly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbykimberly Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #2 of 9

Yes you can. icon_smile.gif

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 12:39am
post #3 of 9

Yes. You can stick it on as the cookies come out of the oven or after they've cooled with some diluted corn syrup. It looks pretty and tastes good!

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 12:51am
post #4 of 9

IS that true for all fondant or just mmf? icon_smile.gif Well except nasty wilton kind

JP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:12am
post #5 of 9

You can use premade or MMF. I have used Satin Ice and MMF with excellent results. I personally prefer to place the fondant cutout on a warm cookie. It melts just enough to look smooth. Once it cools you can further decorate with chocolate, royal or whatever you wish. If you are using dragees or other decor that needs to be placed, you can put on once the fondant melts or with corn syrup when cooled.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:15am
post #6 of 9

Great. Sorry to Hijack the thread icon_smile.gif I usually use Glace on my cookies (I think that's what is called--has corn syrup, ps, water, and flavor in it). Would that work well on Fondant? I've been thinking about trying the fondant, never thought about it until CC!!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 9

The_Lil_Cakehouse What kind of issues do you have with MMF? I was just looking at your photos and their beautiful. I use Michele Fosters fondant for my cookies. But I've just started a basic cake decorating course at our local career dev center. I was going to try using the MMF. But you've got me a little nervous about it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:03pm
post #8 of 9

I use fondant and royal icings on my cookies -- I'm not a fan of glace icing.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

The_Lil_Cakehouse What kind of issues do you have with MMF? I was just looking at your photos and their beautiful. I use Michele Fosters fondant for my cookies. But I've just started a basic cake decorating course at our local career dev center. I was going to try using the MMF. But you've got me a little nervous about it.

Are you talking about my comments on my pictures I made? I was having a difficult getting the right consistency. I actually did some research and then did the recipe in the recipe section called MMF Easy Peasy. I finally got a consistent result with making it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%