How Do I Make Wilton Easter Egg Stand Up?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 12:37pm by cakesrock

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 5

I made an Easter Egg with the Wilton pan and I was wondering how (and even IF) I can make it stand on end?
PS: I'm not into drilling things, so if this is required, then I'll have to re-think this!

TIA icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 5

i've never tried it, but you might cut a little off one end so it will stand up.

cakesrock Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 5

That's a good idea to cut off the bottom a bit..

I'm just wondering if it will come apart because the pan is 2 halves put together? I don't know that the BC filling and fondant over it is strong enough to keep it from splitting or falling?

Maybe I should cut in half the other way, board and dowel? Then it would be like a stacked carved cake? Just not sure if that would weaken the structure anymore because then you have 4 pieces instead of 2!

Anyone?

TIA! icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:24am
post #4 of 5

Do the cutting part on the bottom of the egg, put a layer of frosting on the top of one half, place the second on top, stand up and use bamboo skewers at an angle to keep the 2 halves together, not straight down or across but from upper right to lower left side and vice versa

cakesrock Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:37pm
post #5 of 5

I ended up using a board, dowels and dowel in the center because I was transporting. I tried, but could not make him stand up! He was sinking....So, I improvised and had him sitting. I still think he turned out cute. They liked it at my kids' daycare!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%