Please Recommend Good Cake Decorating Book For A Gift

Decorating By sweetsforfli Updated 28 Mar 2010 , 1:29am by sweetsforfli

sweetsforfli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsforfli Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone,
I want to purchase a good cake decorating book for my SIS. She is getting better and better every day! Nevertheless, she was kind of wondering about how to make those beautiful purses, sushi dishes, etc. that she sees in this website. Can anybody recommed a good book with patterns, step by step? Her birthday is comming up and I want to surprise her. I have checked amazon, but I do not know which is worth. From my own experience... I have bought several cookbooks for my daily meals and got so disappointed when reading them because they were not what I expected. So that I ask for your help.
Thanks!!

7 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 8

Debbie Brown's books are great! They are more detailed then some of the other ones I have purchased from amazon.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 8

Confetti Cakes has a purse tutorial and a sushi cake tutorial in it......along with tons of cookie ideas/patterns, mini cakes, how to transfer a pattern onto a cake, flip fop cupcakes, seashell cupcak

es.......lots of cool stuff.http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316113077/?tag=cakecentral-20

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 8

Hi,

I purchased this book last year and I love it! I think the instructions are very easy to follow. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316113077/?tag=cakecentral-20 The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery (Hardcover) by Elisa Strauss and Christi Matheson

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 8

I have a few I love!
Confetti Cakes by Elisa Strauss
The Well Decorated Cake by Toba Garrett
the Whimsical Bakehouse by Hansen and Hansen
Pretty Party Cakes by Peggy Porschen
Sweet and Simple Party Cakes by May Clee Cadman of Maisie Fantaisie
I also have a few by Collette Peters and others for inspiration and recipes.
Hope that helps!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 8

If she is visual, I recommend the sugar shack videos. There is not a purse tutorial but to me her techniques are so solid they can be applid to any cake. My 3 favorites are perfecting the art of buttercream, flawless fondant and tipsy turvy. You can order them at www.sugaredproductions.com

please for give my typos. I'm sending this from my phoneicon_smile.gif

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

If she is visual, I recommend the sugar shack videos. There is not a purse tutorial but to me her techniques are so solid they can be applid to any cake. My 3 favorites are perfecting the art of buttercream, flawless fondant and tipsy turvy. You can order them at www.sugaredproductions.com

please for give my typos. I'm sending this from my phoneicon_smile.gif

I have all of her videos and I love them! She is a great teacher. icon_smile.gif

sweetsforfli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsforfli Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:29am
post #8 of 8

Thanks to everyone!!
I ended up ordering 4 books on Amazon this morning!!
You guys are awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%