Selling Cupcakes In Bakery

Baking By Mrs_O Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 3:59pm by Jenniferkay

Mrs_O Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_O Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all. I am currently using another business kitchen so I dont have to deal with walk-in customers. I am in the process of opening my own shop and I know that some customers will want single cupcakes. I will have boxes for dozens and I will have bags for single cinnimon rolls/ cookies but what do you guys use for single cupcakes. I would like to have one size that will work if you buy less than a dozen. Just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas. The single cupcake boxes are such a high percentage of my total cost. Thanks

5 replies
LaBoulangerie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBoulangerie Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 6

I use a 8"x8"x2.5" bakery box for cupcakes less than a dozen. It holds 9 perfectly!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 6

wesellcoffee dot com has a great single holder that I use.

JoyRide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyRide Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 6

http://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/cupcake_boxes.html

They have boxes for lots of different numbers of ccs. icon_smile.gif

cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:22am
post #5 of 6

I know you asked this question a while ago, but I'd thought I'd post anyway....we use a styrofoam cup and plastic lid from Dart. They run about 17 cents for both pieces as opposed to 46 for the box and insert from BRP. I can't remember the size of the cup off the top of my head, but I'd be happy to look tomorrow and let you know.

Don't get me wrong we love BRP and sell the cute single boxes as well.

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 6

I'd love to know about the Dart cups. Single containers always seem like such a waste unless they are being done as gifts. Usually people pick up a single to eat right away or for the kids.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%