Will Poured Fondant Dry Hard Like Mmf Fondant?

Decorating By melmar02 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 5:15am by PumpkinTart

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order of petit fours and I want to use poured fondant on them. The thought of rolling out all that fondant just makes me cringe so I like the idea of the poured fondant.

I also want to stamp the tops of them with a rubber stamp dipped in gel color. So my question is - will a poured fondant set up as hard as (or close to that) of a regular fondant?

Does anyone have a good recipe for this idea?

Thank you!!!

[/img]

3 replies
Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 4

[quote="melmar02"]I have an order of petit fours and I want to use poured fondant on them. The thought of rolling out all that fondant just makes me cringe so I like the idea of the poured fondant.

I also want to stamp the tops of them with a rubber stamp dipped in gel color. So my question is - will a poured fondant set up as hard as (or close to that) of a regular fondant?

Does anyone have a good recipe for this idea?

Thank you!!!
I'm sure someone here can help with your questions. But here is a recipe posted by Sharon Zambito
http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorials

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 4

I've only used poured fondant once and I'm pretty sure it was firm enough to stamp gently.

PumpkinTart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinTart Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 5:15am
post #4 of 4

It will certainly not be firm like rolled fondant but you may be able to stamp it if you let it dry and are very careful and use a light touch.

If you haven't worked with poured fondant before, you'll definitely want to practice because it isn't always easy to get full coverage in a neat/clean way. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%