Chocolate Cake Strawberry Filing

Decorating By cricket0616 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 10:32pm by tavyheather

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone make a Chocolate Cake with Strawberry filing? How did it taste? I have a request for one and I just wondered the the chocolate overpowered the strawberries.

7 replies
Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 8

I do it all the time. I like to use fresh strawberries, but have used regular filling as well. Very yummy!

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 8

Nothing better than chocolate and strawberries IMO icon_razz.gif

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 8

I agree AnotherCreation. I even have my kids hooked on chocolate covered strawberries.

Since this needs to be filing, I wonder if it would taste good and what it would do the the texture of the cake.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a good strawberry filing I would appreciate. Normally I use fresh strawberries.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 8

It is so yummy! One of my most asked for cakes is chocolate cake, with chocolate ganached and strawberry filling. OH SO GOOD!!! I just use some strawberry jam mixed with a little bc. Works like a charm!

sweethaven09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweethaven09 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 8

I love chocolate cake with the strawberry filling! My clients love it too..I use the fresh strawberry filling by txdiann. It's easy and it tastes great. However, the recipe calls for kirsh, but I use vanilla and it still works out just fine. Happy baking!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 8

I macerate my strawberries with a little pinch of salt, 1 TBSP of sugar, 1/3 of a lemon juiced, lemon zest and 1 - 2 Tbsp Chambord (if I have it)....puree it, then use up to a cup in my buttercream. I like SMBC and AMBC mixed. More work but absolutely wonderful.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:32pm
post #8 of 8

I just did one with raspberry and Tom Wholley's fudge brownie cake (which is VERY rich) and while the cake was a strong component, the berries did accent well.

Did they ask for a strawberry cake with choc filling? did they specify or just ask for that flavor combo?

I make the Buttercream Dream recipe and leave out the vanilla and add raspberry extract instead. Then I add a 1/8 tsp of LorAnn oil...think thats it..Here's my secret..and people were really excited about it..it helps to prevent the moisture seeping out, too...I spread on half the filling, then covered it with fresh raspberries minus a half inch on all sides..then covered the berries in the remainder of the filling..

you can easily do this with strawberry slices..if you decide to use Strawberry BC as a filling instead of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%