Cricut On An Airplane

Decorating By Grinolly Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 5:59pm by Grinolly

Grinolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grinolly Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 15

Does anyone know if we can hand-carry the cricut expression on an airplane? or has anyone checked in their cricut before?

14 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 15

Call the airport/airline and ask them. I wouldn't take someone elses word for it.

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 15

yes, you can check it. We wrap it in bubble wrap then pack it in a suitcase.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:31am
post #4 of 15

I took mine as a carry on--I'd NEVER trust a $300++ computer based machine to baggage dungeons or handlers. They'll damage or steal something worth a lot less icon_eek.gif

It fits perfectly in the overhead bin. It went thru the x-ray machine with no problems (blade in place in the machine)--barely a second look by the screener.

Rae

Grinolly Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #5 of 15

Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking of getting the cricut (expression or cake) and bring home to Singapore when I'm going home in Jul.

I would very much prefer to hand-carry the machine....

Grinolly Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 15

Can anyone suggest a bag that i can fit the cricut cake in and also bring it on a plane as a carry-on?

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 15

I think there are bag made to carry the Cricut-- look on provo craft.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:43pm
post #9 of 15

If you are buying a new one it will be packaged in the box it is shipped in. I would put the entire box inside a suitcase and check it. You wont have to worry about it getting damaged, because it is boxed to ship from the warehouse anyway.

Grinolly Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:52pm
post #10 of 15

I'm still pretty nervous abt checking in... icon_redface.gif

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 8:22pm
post #11 of 15

I carry on everything these days for my work travel (even carried on my first cake this Spring!), but the last time I checked luggage was on my way to Mexico to visit my brother. I had totally random things that trip - I checked a toaster oven, a massage table and microwave in their original packaging/boxes and they were fine on arrival (they don't trust ANYTHING to be delivered down there!) But if you're nervous, just carry it on and minimize the other stuff you would need to carry on so you don't go over the amount of carry-ons allowed. icon_lol.gif

tjika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjika Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:11pm
post #12 of 15

My mom's friend brought one over or me last month. She had taken it out of the box for space reasons and wrapped it in bubble wrap and clothes and put it in her suitcase. i don't know if the suitcase had a hard shell though.

Grinolly Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:16pm
post #13 of 15

I went ahead and bought the Cricut rolling tote. I got it from ebay. Just purchased it last couple of days, it's not here yet. I'm excited!

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 5:17pm
post #14 of 15

I bought the cricut cake whilst in the states and just put it box and all into a suitcase, padded it round with dirty clothes lol and it was fine

Grinolly Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:59pm
post #15 of 15

Just got my cricut bag for the cricut... it is big... now i'm worried that they dont allow me to use as a carry-on... =(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%