Sugarshack's Buttercream.... Help Needed!

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 3:02pm by dalis4joe

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 14

Hi...

I know there any tons of threads about this but I guess I don't know how to search for threads here cause I get EVERYTHING BUT what I am searching for....

FOr SugarShack's Buttercream....
how much creamer do you need in add to the 12 tbl. of hot water????
her you tube video doesn't state that info...

Thanks in Advance!

13 replies
superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 14

Google is the best way to search - just type in what you are looking for then "cake central" and you will most likely get what you are seeking HTH

Here is the link to her recipe - there is a one cup to one cup ratio, so for your situation it seems that you would need 12 T powder to 12 T hot water. HTH

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/5163/Sugarshacks-icing-and-Tips

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 14

She says there 1 cup of hot water and 1 cup of powdered coffee creamer (1:1 ratio). She also says you can store the leftover in the fridge just warm it up before you use it.

dianab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianab Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 14
dalis4joe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 14

Superwawa & Edit:
Thanks a million!!!!

dalis4joe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 14

if I have the bigger KA mixer.... do I make a bigger batch to create the vacuum effect?
I have the 6 QT.....

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 14

If you email Sharon she will give send you the recipe for the larger KA. Hope this helps!!

dalis4joe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 14

dcarylmk:

She is incredible.... I emailed her and within minutes.... I got a reply....

SHE IS AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks again

dalis4joe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:37pm
post #9 of 14

Hi again.... just finished making the recipe for the 6 qt. mixer.... please read this... it will be helpful to all...

I sent her this email after I was done:

Quote:
Quote:

Hi....

well let me start by saying this.... I will nerver ever doubt anything you say ever again.... icon_biggrin.gif

When I got your email about the Qty's for the 6 qt. mixer... as I looked at everything in my "mis en place"... I was like.... there is NO WAY all that will fit into this mixer... but I went on....
I added the HR Short.... weddng b. flvr.. creamer mix... so far so good.... then I added half of the PS.... it was soooo much.. I said... it's NOT going to work...
but again... I said... ON WITH IT DALIS!
I covered the mixer with a towel as you do... mixed... then looked...
AAAhhhhhh very nicely incorporated.... ok... ok.. so I see... she was right... so far....
Then again... I say... 12 1/4 cups of PS MORE??? nah that will for sure NOT HAPPEN...
I added the PS... it was higher than the mixing drum.... I doubted again....
but... covered with the towel... mixed....
and the rest is history....

I am forever grateful to you for this!!!! it worked perfectly....

NO AIR!! SMOOTH.... SUPER WHITE..... DELICIOUS..... PRICELESS.....

I will share this with every person out there that says they're batch didn't come out as it should've....

Moral of the Story: DO NOT... I repeat.. DO NOT change/sub anything in her recipe... if you do it EXACTLY as she has it.... YOU will LOVE IT!!!

dalis4joe Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:41am
post #10 of 14

BTW:

It's dairy free... so it can be left well covered at room temp for up to 2 weeks!! not that it will last THAT long here.... hehehe

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:36am
post #11 of 14

I do love her recipe. Though I sub half hi ratio for butter. But it's the best icing to work with!

dianab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianab Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:16pm
post #12 of 14

dalis4joe, this is good to know! Thanks for the info!

For those who have tried her recipe, what did you use for your flavorings? Sugarshack says she uses the flavoring she buys specifically for wedding cakes. Can we just use vanilla and butter flavorings?

akgirl10, how well does the butter work with this recipe? Does it make it taste better? I prefer some butter in my "Butter"cream if I'm not making a white wedding cake...

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #13 of 14

I use different flavorings all of the time. I like 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 almond but what I really love is the flavored coffee creamers...at the moment my favorite is the Italian sweet cream. I have about 6 containers of powdered flavored coffee creamer that my husband loves to comment on but I really like trying the different ones.

dalis4joe Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:02pm
post #14 of 14

I just got the hazlenut one... can't wait to try it... I would think can chage the flavor as you wish, but keep it at the same amount I guess...

But.... the wedding bouquet tastes so so so so so good!!! I always used the wilton recipe with half butter half shortening... but I couldn't stand the fact that for wedding cakes specially... my white BC.... wasn't white.... so I tried the White Wedding Wilton BC recipe... but didn't like the taste very much... so I kinda settled with Ivory colored BC....

But after trying this one.... I'm sold
It has absolutely NO AIR... goes on so smooth and then after you do the viva method (she has 3 steps for the viva method) it's like looking at a fondant covered cake.... very very good.... I get a few orders where they want BC and no fondant and this works great for that... and the key to flawless fondant is flawless buttercream on uyour cake... this is for sure the best I have seen/tired (ands I have tried and tried and tried many) hehehe...

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%