Thoughts On "fondarific" Fondant?

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 1:33am by Sweet_Guys

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 8

What do you think of this fondant?

Taste/texture/how it handles?

I've read some good things and some bad. Looking to get some more thoughts on this brand of fondant.

7 replies
weidertm24 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 8

has anyone used this?

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 8

I love using it and it's all I use now. I started off making my own, didn't like the inconsistencies, switched to Satin Ice, didn't like the inconsistencies, then my local cake shop started carrying Fondarific. You can order 6 samples on their website - you can choose the flavors, though my family prefer the buttercream flavor.

weidertm24 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 8

would you use buttercream on a chocolate cake? Will it taste good?

Im not a fan of chocolate cake but i am making one for my boyfriends birthday.

anotherslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anotherslice Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 8

I tried Fondarific on some cupcakes I made recently. The taste was fine, but what I really liked was how easy it was to handle. If I was going to put it on a chocolate cake I would put dark chocolate ganache between the cake and the fondant.

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:07am
post #6 of 8

I have been using fondarific for years now. I have many pales of it in my cake decorating place of business. I love it . It works and handles well. The people seem to love the taste of it, more then any other fondant I have ever used. Plus it comes in so many colors and great flavors, like the new coffee taste.GREAT!!! Good luck thumbs_up.gif

weidertm24 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:14am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to try this.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:33am
post #8 of 8

It is an awesome product. Here's why:
1) Numerous flavors. Would recommend the vanilla, buttercream, or chocolate for covering cakes. However, the watermelon flavor, I've heard, is also good enough as a cake covering.
2) Although higher-priced than other brands, you end up using less per cake because you can roll it out thinner than others.
3) It's self-healing makes it great to work with and you don't need to re-roll if you should tear it while placing on a cake.
4) Did I mention the flavors???!!!! I have had customers eat the entire cake (yes, the fondant, too) and loved every bit of it.
5) Lois & Laura are awesome to deal with. They built the business from the ground up and are willing to listen to their customer base for suggestions for future product.
6) Did I mention the flavors? LOL

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%