Dog Collar

Decorating By galliesway Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm by Price

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 4

What would be an easy way to make a dog collar?

TIA,
Kel

3 replies
janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 4

More info please. Do you want just the collar or are you putting it onto a dog figure?

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. I am making a Scooby cake and he will have a collar the figure will be small but I was thinking of making a collar for a topper.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 4

Are you putting the collar on scooby? If so, there are different ways you can make a collar. One way would be to make the body of the dog and put a toothpick or spagetti in at the neck to support the head. Then make a ball, the color you want to make the collar. Flatten the ball slightly so that you now have a round disk. Push the disk down onto the toothpick trying to keep it centered, and push the disk down to rest on the top of the body. Now make the head and push it down onto the toothpick. The disk should be large enough that it sticks out past the head, and it will look like a collar. I sure hope this makes sense. I'm not sure if you can understand what I'm trying to say. It would be much easier to show you.

Another way is just to make your dog, roll out a thin piece of fondant or gumpaste and cut a very small strip and using edible glue place it around the neck. After doing either of these methods, you can then paint with silver or gold luster dust to make a buckle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%