Decorating By sandrak1120 Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 11:21pm by nwnest

sandrak1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandrak1120 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 2

Just what is Pastillage? I have seen it used on tv cake shows but do not know what it is.

1 reply
nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 2

It's like a fast-drying gumpaste. Usually it's used for larger elements like boxes or shells. It dries very hard. It can be sanded. It stays sturdy because it isn't as sensitive to humidity as gumpaste or fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%