How Much For 2 Car Cakes Go For?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 7:58pm by mom2my3girlz

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 5

Someone wants Lightning McQueen and Mater both carved and to serve 25 people combined. I have no idea where to go with this. They only want to serve 25 people but want to cakes because they are twins.

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't charge because they are licensed characters and getting approval from disney to sell them is way to expensive. (or the fines if they find out)

But for carved cakes I have a minimum of $100 (no matter the size) or $5/serving starting point depending on the design.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 5

Those are going to be two very small cakes. Meaning, pretty difficult to do two carved cakes that each only serve 12-1/2 pieces of cake.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 5

I personally wouldn't do it for 25 people combined.I would either tell the customer that you will do Lightning McQueen or Mater or both at serving sizes that are more doable for size proportion.I also charge $5.00 per serving with a minimum of $100.00.You also have to be careful about copyright issues as well as someone already mentioned.

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 5

She changed her mind to one race car for 25 people....much easier to do too and no copyright issues.
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%