Can This Ganache Be Saved?

Baking By tootie0809 Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 5:09am by ladyk333

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:40am
post #1 of 7

I made a batch of white chocolate ganache, which I've done several times before, but I must have been distracted and added too much cream because it has cooled down for well over 6 hours and is still way too soft. Anyone know how to salvage it? Can I add more white chocolate to firm it up?

6 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:44am
post #2 of 7

I'd reheat it and melt more white chocolate into it. Ganache is pretty easy to save.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 6:05am
post #3 of 7

yep, as long as you haven't burned it or let it sit a week and it spoiled, you just add more of what you're missing!

tootie0809 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you both! I made 2 large batches of it, so I was stressed I'd have wasted all that expensive white chocolate. I will melt some more white chocolate and add it in. Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

Thank you both! I made 2 large batches of it, so I was stressed I'd have wasted all that expensive white chocolate. I will melt some more white chocolate and add it in. Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

Don't just add in melted white chocolate, you need to GENTLY rewarm the ganache you have already made and add the melted chocolate into that.

tootie0809 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

Don't just add in melted white chocolate, you need to GENTLY rewarm the ganache you have already made and add the melted chocolate into that.

Thank you! I would have just dumped in more melted chocolate. You probably just saved me from another disaster!! icon_smile.gif

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:09am
post #7 of 7

Yes, I learned the benefits of "gently rewarming" ganache - I tried a microwave and then forgot about the gentle mixing. I over agitated it and it separated and also became grainy. I would recommend using a double boiler for the rewarming. I'm not an expert, but I did manage to save that ganache! Yay! Good luck to you with yours!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%