Combined Wedding/baby Shower Cake Ideas?

Decorating By Kibosh Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 3:57pm by Kibosh

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. hopefully you can help me out on this. I have a request from a lady who is having a combined baby shower and bridal shower for a coworker.

Not sure how to incorporate the two. I was thinking perhaps a bridal cake with baby themed cupcakes or vice versa. Has anyone ever had this before?

TIA

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 6

what about something pretty, maybe with an umbrella/rain motif and a saying like

"Showers of Blessings for ...."

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 6

I am not a huge fan of the belly cakes, but what about one done wearing a wedding gown? Kind of a mix between the belly cake and the wedding gown cake. Just an idea. Also on today's most saved cakes there is a wedding/ baby cake done in blue that is quite pretty.

Kibosh Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks guysicon_smile.gif Both great ideas. However, it's not just for one person, it's for three (2 preggers & 1 bridal). I figured out the top design but I'm stuck on colours. something that would nice for both is tough. AAArrghhh.

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 6

As soon as I read it was for 3 people the old rhyme came to mind...first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage. What about silver, cream/or white, and whatever baby colors go with the sexes of babies due? If you did a 3 tier cake, the first tier could be the cream/white tier for the "love". Then the second could be silver for "marriage". And the top could be baby colors. Or a baby carriage topper. You could even write the nursery rhyme words on each tier. Might be a silly idea, but it could turn out really pretty. HTH!

Kibosh Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

That is a brilliant idea!! Somehow, I will incorporate that.
They requested a basic rectangle cake. I guess you can see how difficult it is to be really creative when it's a combined cake (because of a $$limit), for 3 different people.
What I was going to do on the top (along with their requested slogan) was a pair of baby booties on one side and then an engagement ring in the box on the other side. perhaps I could do that rhyme along the sides in cursive writing. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%