How Much Would You Charge For This?

Decorating By buggus Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 8:42pm by arkirose

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:35am
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggus

fyi, I don't do this for my fulltime job, it's a hobby and part-time income.

I hope by this you don't mean that because you don't do as big a volume of cakes as others that you shouldn't get paid just as well for the time you do spend.

If your talent is equal to that of a busier baker and you can produce an equally good product, then you should be able to get just as much for this cake as someone who would do this cake and a dozen others. If it took you longer to do than it took them, then you would get less per hour, but you should be able to charge the same total. You just need to know if the amount you would make per hour is worth spending the time doing this cake instead if spending the time doing something else instead.

arkirose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arkirose Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:42pm
post #32 of 32

I made a castle cake for a friends wedding along with 3 sattelite cakes. I charged her what it cost me. Any one else asks? It would be $1000. I will probably never have to make another one! lol It was a lot of work & stress. I live a small rural area of Arkansas. I can't charge here what you can in a metropolitan area. They just won't pay it. Good thing I love what I do!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%