I Need Help

Decorating By tkermath28 Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm by The_Lil_Cakehouse

tkermath28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tkermath28 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

I am new to this website and to baking more elaborate cakes. The last cake I did was a 3 tier fondant cake. I always look at a bunch of cakes and take ideas and mix them all up and I really enjoy it. Problem is my mother in law loved my last cake and asked me to do a cake for her. Her and my FII are deaf and belong to a group called deaf chat that meet twice a month at Starbucks and have coffee and hang out. Well, its there 3 yr anniversary and she wants me to do cake. I can't come up with any ideas..It's only like 25 people so she only wants a sheet cake. And she wants me to use the deaf chat logo. I had seen several starbucks cakes but can't think of how to incorporate it. Any ideas would greatly appreciated. The starbucks that they sit in for hours is extremely busy and I want the cake to be awesome becaue everyone who walks in will be a potential customer. Thanks

Deaf Chat Logo attached
LL

3 replies
malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 4

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1192807

What about something like this?? With your logo instead of Starbucks though icon_wink.gif

j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 4

If you're looking for something quick and easy you could do an 8" round with an edible image of their logo. You can usually get an edible imagine from any grocery store with a bakery. They're about $6.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 4

I think you should do a chocolate transfer on it. That would look really good. (technique done by using Chocolate to copy an image and then letting it get hard and then putting it on your cake) Like a FBCT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%