What Is String Icing?

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 10:07am by JGMB

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 5:56am
post #1 of 2

I bought a sleeve of white icing, at the shop a few months ago. I thought it was royal icing. Turns out, the label I did not see icon_sad.gif said "STRING ICING". What is this, and what else can I use it for, other than the Australian string work technique. (I am not that talented icon_smile.gif )

1 reply
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:07am
post #2 of 2

I'm no expert, but I would think you could use it for doing simple drop strings on the sides of a cake or for writing, piping scrolls, etc. Just play with it and see what it will/won't do. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%