Help With Ideas For A Lightening Thief Cake

Decorating By beemarie Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 8:47pm by beemarie

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 5

I have a request to make a cake with the Lightening Thief as the theme. I don't have any idea other than what the mom told me what it is about. She said something along the lines of magical, and I did a search and came up with some ideas. Just curious if any of you have read the book and/ or have made a Lightening Thief cake!

Thanks for any ideas!

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:53am
post #2 of 5

No, I've never heard of the Lightning Thief.

But the movie poster would make an interesting FBCT or CT:

http://www.realmovienews.com/movieimages/9856/9895/9895_17_poster_1_f.jpg

Here's a thread which has FBCT/CT, Edible Image Plaques and Photo to Sketch help:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-301403-.html

HTH

tvergato Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tvergato Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 5

I have not made a Lightning Thief cake, but am preparing to icon_smile.gif I have read the books; they are all about Greek Mythology, and over the course of the 5 book series, you meet pretty much all of the Gods and Goddesses and other well known creatures.

The 1st book focuses mostly on Poseidon (the father of the hero of the story), Zeus, and Hades.

I hope this helps!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 5

the Lightning Thief is a great cook - a bit on the lines of the Harry Potter series in that the main characters/heroes and heroines are 12 or 13 when the series starts. It's less magical and more mythological. The heroes are "demi-gods" - children of humans and the ancient Greek gods (who in the series are still present today, but mortals are not aware of it).

anything related to Greek mythology would be good - and tying in America (the "Olympus" of current times is in America (over NYC)), Hades is off the coast of Hollywood, etc. (if I remember correctly). Some of the book takes place at the summer camp for these demi-gods"... "half-blood, I think it was called. There are lots of creatures from Greek mythology - Centaurs, Cyclops's, Athena (the heroine's mother), Zeus, Poseidon (the main hero's father), nymphs, Medusa, etc.

hope that helps some!

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for the ideas, I will do my best to incorporate them into this! Sounds a bit challenging, but more hopeful now : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%