Cricut Cake Cutters

Decorating By dguerrant Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 9:18pm by rosiecast

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 14

I'VE SEEN SEVERAL CAKES THAT HAVE USED THE CRICUT CUTTERS AND I'M CURIOUS AS TO HOE THEY WORK. IS IT FONDANT SHEETS WITH CUT OUTS, OR EDIBLE PAPER? I'M INTERESTED IN PURCHASING ONE, BUT CAN'T FIND MUCH INFO, MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HELP icon_lol.gif i THINK IT WOULD BE SUCH A TIME SAVER icon_rolleyes.gif

13 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #2 of 14

Did you do a search on here? Because there are dozens of threads and hundreds and hundreds of replies.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #3 of 14

Ditto on the above post. If you can't get the search to work on here, you can google it and put cakecentral after it, and it will bring up the 100's of posts from here.

I am not sure if you know it, but if you type in all capitols, it means you are yelling when you are on the computer. thumbs_up.gif

dguerrant Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:22am
post #4 of 14

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS, I WAS HAVINGSOME PROBLEMS, SO I'LL TRY YOUR SUGGESTION. I RREALLY APPRECIATE THE POINTERS icon_razz.gif

dguerrant Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #5 of 14

MY BAD ABOUT THE CAPS, ITS A HABIT. I'M DYSLEXIC AND FOR SOME REASON I CAN CATCH THE BOO BOOS A LITTLE EASIER. SORRY ABOUT THE TONE OF VOICE I PROJECTED. It just takes a little longer for me to type in lower case, because the letter forms all run together and the similarities are hard to differintiaet.

dguerrant Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:28am
post #6 of 14

MY BAD ABOUT THE CAPS, ITS A HABIT. I'M DYSLEXIC AND FOR SOME REASON I CAN CATCH THE BOO BOOS A LITTLE EASIER. SORRY ABOUT THE TONE OF VOICE I PROJECTED. It just takes a little longer for me to type in lower case, because the letter forms all run together and the similarities are hard to differintiaet.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:37am
post #7 of 14

No worries! (just didn't know if you knew that "nettiquette" or not!) My son in law is also dyslexic - I know things are hard for him sometimes too.

dguerrant Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:44am
post #8 of 14

Even though I'm an educational therapist for this, I still make mistakes. my daughtet is as well. Using the Orton Gillingham methods, she has gained 3 years of reading in less than one year. These kids are awesome to work with icon_lol.gif Thanks again for the nettiquette advice, i just didn;t think about it that way.

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:55am
post #9 of 14

I use the small cricut. I love this thing. I roll out fondant on the mat the day before I need it and store it in a big zipper bag. When I'm ready for it, it has set perfectly. My blade doesn't even get clogged this way. This will be the best purchase you will make. I am happy with the small one for now because I am a hobby baker but I have a feeling I will get the cake one when it is available.

dguerrant Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbycompany

I use the small cricut. I love this thing. I roll out fondant on the mat the day before I need it and store it in a big zipper bag. When I'm ready for it, it has set perfectly. My blade doesn't even get clogged this way. This will be the best purchase you will make. I am happy with the small one for now because I am a hobby baker but I have a feeling I will get the cake one when it is available.

Do you have the one specifially for cakes or did you modify the Expressions machine like I read on another thread/discussion? I do a lot of cut work and this would be a fabulous investment for me!!!

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #11 of 14

The cake cricut wont be released until mid may sometime. Everything is very under wraps right now.... you know.... marketing hype... building suspense....

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:13pm
post #12 of 14

I just have the original cricut 6" machine. A friend of mine bought it when they first came out 4 or so years ago. She recently bought the expression and gave her old one to me. I just did the same small modifications that you would do on the expression and it works beautifully.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:16pm
post #13 of 14

I just saw the demo today with Jennifer Dontz and Tobias.... it comes out May 1st and if u get it through them...u only pay 10$ forS&H.... The demo was incredible!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 14

The cricut cake will come with one cartridge and there are 3 other cartridges coming up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%