Need Ideas For Cake Display.

Decorating By kaseyrconnect Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 11:36pm by kaseyrconnect

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to make several cakes for a wedding reception. She wants different flavors and different designs on each. They will be 2 tiers and the bottom 10" and the top 8". She emailed me and said that she has found some cake stands for the cakes to go on and if I could just have the cakes on the cardboard that is the same size as the cake, because she doesn't want a cake board showing. At first I thought that I would put a base under them for transporting and then remove it at the reception and put it on the cake stands they have. Now I am thinking that I might have problems with this. Does anyone have any ideas that would work, so the bride can have the looke she wants and will be fairly easier for me. Sorry this is so long.

2 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 3

Depending on what the bottom border will be, can you put the cake on the stand at the reception hall, THEN do the finishing bottom border? I'd do the cake board the right size, with a larger board under that, then finish the bottom border there.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 3

Okay, thanks, I had thought about doing it that way but was afraid that I might have trouble taking the larger board off without damage to the cake but just hearing someone else say it makes it seem like a good idea. Thanks for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%