Hobart 8 Qt Mixer?

Decorating By windemire Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 2:35am by leah_s

windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 6

Yesterday DH and I were browsing in a restaurant supply store, and I saw a Hobart stand mixer that was clearly marked as 8 qt, for $1085. When we got home I did a search to compare prices, and have been unable to find any reference to Hobart even making an 8 qt stand mixer.

It was definetly larger than a 5 qt, but didn't look big enough to be a 12 qt...and I can't find info on anything by Hobart that's in-between. Can anyone offer any insight??

5 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #2 of 6

Maybe it was a 10 qt?

One of these days I'm gonna have to look into a Hobart...my KA's are in the shop, one of them for the second time in 6 years...this has gotta stop.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6

Here's an 8qt commercial mixer I found online that is almost exactly the same price. Was this it? If so, it's not a Hobart.

http://www.everythingkitchens.com/globe_commercial_8qt_stand_mixer.html

HEre's another 8qt that is about 1/2 the price: http://www.selectappliance.com/exec/ce-product/aj_ax-m8

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #4 of 6

Indy do you know anything about the Axis brand? I saved it for future reference...counting the money I've spent buying my mixers and now all the repairs, I may as well have bought commercial....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:30am
post #5 of 6

I've never heard of it, so I've no info one way or the other. Sorry! icon_redface.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:35am
post #6 of 6

We used to have a Hobart 10 qt at the bakery where I worked. Maybe it was a 12 qt, but I really think a 10 . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%