Fitness Center Theft

Lounge By steplite Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm by KHalstead

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 6

I want to make women aware that theives are joining Fitness centers to Rob you. My lock was cut off my locker at bally's to steal my car keys. Then the thieves went to the parking lot and stole my purse from my trunk. They had a run with my credit cards for about two hours before I knew of the theft. Once everything was canceled, the theives are still writing checks on my closed account. I am a victim now of idenity theft. So far the theives have written over 2500.00 in checks with my stolen checks. Don't become a victim. Keep your keys with you.

5 replies
JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:43am
post #2 of 6

Wow, they should have them on video I would think and it had to be female, right?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:50am
post #3 of 6

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I appreciate you reminding us to keep vigilant.

Unfortunately, it's not just members, it's employees of fitness centers as well. They have a master key that can open any locker, so it is best not to leave valuables in your locker.

I have a rubber band around my water bottle that I use to hold the safety pin locker key. I slip my car key onto the safety pin too. Please don't ever pin your key to your towel (unless you bring your own recognizable towel that no one else could accidentally pick up).

steplite Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:54am
post #4 of 6

Well they can't have video in the locker room. Five of us got robbed that evening and we feel the lady had inside help. We saw one of the male staff go into the locker room with lock cutters. There's a emergency door in there that opens into a side alley. one person couldn't have cut so many lockers by herself. I'm so upset with Bally's. They have done nothing about it. I'm finished with Bally's.

steplite Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:05am
post #5 of 6

Your right DianeLM. We all had combination locks. I felt my purse was safe in the trunk of my car but having my car keys in the locker was a big mistake for me. The idenity theft I'm going through now is a nightmare.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 6

my DH just recently had his credit card(bank card) information taken. Once we traced where the purchases were made and tried to recoup the money, the company showed us that the person using the card for online transactions had a photo of the front and back of the card!!! They refunded us the money because the IP address the stuff was ordered from was in Georgia, but be careful who holds your card in their hands. The only 2 places he used his card where the card left his site was at a hotel and at Applebees! Someone at one of those 2 places made a copy of his credit card, or at least shot a photo with a cell phone!

You can never be TOO careful today!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%