Cake Didnt Turn Out As Planned

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 5:05pm by Bettycrockermommy

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:08am
post #1 of 6

Woman wanted a birthday cake for hubby, loves to race and watches racing. So I got my Deco image done, looked awesome!!! I live out in the country. I got cake crumb coated, and ready. I go to print it and IM OUT OF EDIBLE INKS!!!!

Cake is due like in 3hrs...ok, no edible image off printer. now what? Go to do BC transfer maybe I can still do something...NOPE, I was rushing and couldnt, even tried color flow, nope...

Daug. thats 15yrs old says mom, just do a fast race theme, and throw a car on it...have only 1hr left....so I go to Airbrush and my Airbrush wont throw color out!!! Took me a long time to get it to work, the cake went about an hr late, and when I finally got my Airbrush to work somewhat, it was bad!!!

I ended up with what I would say a WALLY WORLD CAKE!!!! I felt so bad when I got to the party. The woman loved it!!! She said its home made and you did it! She gave me 50.00 for this cake!!!! I feel bad.

Would it be nice to offer her a smaller cake in what it was suppose to be? Cant get it to post. Its in my photos though.

5 replies
cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:22am
post #2 of 6

OMG, i know how you feel I have had days like that to.
That would be a good gesture if you did the small cake, but she loved it.
Hopefully you don't have anymore days like that. icon_biggrin.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:28am
post #3 of 6

oH GOSH i CANT AFFORD!!!...any days like that anymore...lol guess Ill tell her that I will do a small cake, maybe like a 6" what do you think?

I mean she did get a cake, but I would want to make the one she wanted but in a smaller form...and this way we both make out?...you think thats too small?

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:32am
post #4 of 6

I think thats just fine to show her that you could do it,

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 6

She was happy with the cake, so why the need to compensate her for it?
It's something I'm really trying hard to learn. If the recipient is happy, smile and say nothing. Privately, re-do it for your family so you know where you went wrong in case you have to do a similar cake one day.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 6

[quote="cheatize"]She was happy with the cake, so why the need to compensate her for it?
quote]

This is my thought exactly. She was proud of the cake, and didn't have any complaints. One of the hardest things that I have had to learn is that I am the only one that sees all the issues I had with the cake. The customer only sees a beautiful cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%