Is This Enough Cake For 30?

Decorating By _beckett_ Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 2:07am by Kitagrl

_beckett_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_beckett_ Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 6

If I have 2 ten inch cakes stacked and 2 eight inch cakes stacked, is that enough cake for 30? I'm at crunch time and starting to panic.

5 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 6

It sounds like more than enough to me, but check out Wilton's cutting guide:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/cake-cutting-guides/wedding-cake-cutting-guide.cfm

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 6

I am assuming that the total height of both of the cakes is 4" and that they are round cakes, not square.

The 10" serves 38 and the 8" serves 24 (1"x2"x4" servings), giving a total of 62 servings, so you have enough for everyone to have 2 pieces and have cake left over.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 6

I made a 8inch with a 6inch stacked once. I don't sell, just make them for practice and fun. I cut it up using IndyDebi's method and come out with 33 slices.

You'll have plenty. A suggestion: when you or the host starts cutting the cake, start cutting the larger tier first. Then whatever cake is left over will be part of the smaller tier. Easier to store a bit of a little tier than a large one.

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:57am
post #5 of 6

I use Earlenes chart (not sure what the website is, it's bookmarked somewhere else on my computer but a search should bring it up with no problem for you) so an 8" has 20 servings and a 10" has 30 servings. I think you will have plenty no matter which chart you use with those sizes.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:07am
post #6 of 6

According to Earlene a 9"/6" serves 30 and a 10"/6" serves 38 so yours will serve well over 40.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%