How Much Creme Bouquet?

Baking By armywife1 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm by ChRiStY_71

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 20

I just bought my first bottle of creme bouquet. I was wondering how much should be added to the frosting. Can it be added to cake batter as well? I've only used vanilla and almond flavorings up until now. Just thought I would try something new and see how it tastes. Thanks for your help!

19 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 20

I'm curious as well. I am thinking of buying some as well.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 20

I LUV creme bouquet! I normally use what the recipe calls for. To me, it is has a strong flavor to it. But everyone thinks is tastes fine.

pacable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pacable Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 20

I've been wondering too...I guess I'll have to give it a try

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 20

One tablespoon per boxed cake mix with extender.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 20

I use the same amount that the recipe calls for...for example if my cake recipe calls for 2tsp vanilla and I want to use creme or princess bouquet then I use 2tsp.

armywife1 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 20

Great! Thanks. Oh, one more question, does it pair well with all cake recipes or just ones like White Wedding or Classic Yellow?

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:34am
post #8 of 20

Some brands have a stronger lemon flavor to them so I would steer clear of any chocolate based cake flavors.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:38am
post #9 of 20

I use half of the cream bouquet because I find that the emulsions are much stronger. For instance, I will replace one teaspoon of vanilla in my recipe with 1/2 teaspoon or cream bouquet, sometimes even less.

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:44am
post #10 of 20

I have seen alot about creme bouquet on here, but could someone please explain to me what flavor it is?? TIAicon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:04am
post #11 of 20

it is lemon, vanilla, almond flavors combined. the magic line is the best selling brand. and best tasting. i use it in my cake batters and icings. it is good in mmf also. hth.. it is well liked when i use it. get good compliments on it.

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:32pm
post #12 of 20

Thank you so much!! I'll have to give it a try icon_smile.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:53pm
post #13 of 20

I use a lot of creme bouquet. Obviously I love the stuff. I also use some Princess emulsion. To me creme bouquet is citrus and buttery with a hint of almond, where princess is more citrus and almond. CB is the secret ingredient in my bc that drives people crazy trying to figure out what they're tasting. I've had ladies follow me around trying to find out what I put in my icing. One teacher tried to get it out of my granddaughter, and she just said "it's her secret ingredient". I didn't even know she knew I had one!

My advice is to use both sparingly to determine how much you like. I use about 1 tsp in a single recipe cake. Just enough for a hint of the flavor. In my icing I start with a tsp and more to taste, depending on what cake I'm putting it on. I add it in addition to the vanilla called for in a recipe.
It's sure worth a few dollar to try. Happy baking!!

ajh16211 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajh16211 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:06pm
post #14 of 20

I love creme bouquet. I've used it from the get go. I ran out a few weeks ago, and my husband drove around for hours trying to find more. My local cake shop was even out. He said it's just not the same with out it.

Like CarolAnn I also add it in addition to the vanilla in my bc. and it also my secret ingredient.

armywife1 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:20pm
post #15 of 20

Well, I just tried it and really liked it. My 7 yr old did as well, but my 10 yr old did not. I did not pair it with vanilla, though. I will have to try that next time and see what the verdict is.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #16 of 20

I am so glad that I ran across this post! In Sharon Zambito's BC recipe calls for Wedding Bouquet...I can't get it locally and will have to order it. Does anyone know if it at all resembles Creme Bouquet? Thanks for your help!! thumbs_up.gif

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #17 of 20

I went a few days ago and bought some Creme Bouquet. I will be trying in the next few days. It smells wonderful.
Christi-71 I love your Eleanor Quote

armywife1 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 5:43am
post #18 of 20

I wondered the same thing, Christy. It will be interesting to hear a response from someone who knows. I really liked the creme bouquet. I wonder which one, if any, is better?

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 3:15pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiStY_71

I am so glad that I ran across this post! In Sharon Zambito's BC recipe calls for Wedding Bouquet...I can't get it locally and will have to order it. Does anyone know if it at all resembles Creme Bouquet? Thanks for your help!! thumbs_up.gif

Though they both probably have the same flavors, vanilla, almond, butter and lemon, wedding bouquet is more almond flavored and creme bouquet leans more toward buttery with a little citrus.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #20 of 20

Thanks I am going to hold off using creme bouquet in my next batch...I'm doing a chocolate cake and don't think the lemon in the creme bouquet would work as well as butter and vanilla.

dl5crew...that is one of my all time favorite quotes and I use it alot with my kids and their friends. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%