Broke My Beater Blade

Decorating By kimblyd Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 7:02pm by FullHouse

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 24

Just wanted to remind anyone who uses the beater blade in their KA that it IS made of plastic and WILL break if you get impatient and try to cream cold butter. icon_biggrin.gif

With that being said, I still love it and promptly ordered a new one. Sure do wish they would make it out of something stronger though, for when I get impatient again....

Kim

23 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 24

Try the side swipe, I believe it has metal in the shaft

kimblyd Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 24

Is that the one with the nubby edges?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 24

Yes it is and it works very well

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 24

Same thing happened to me... I reordered one promptly too! Hmmm... I might have to try the nubby one!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 24

Just tell them it broke! I broke two making choc chip cookie dough and the guy there found out (through this site actually) and replaced them both! Also they have a new yellow colored "professional" one that is much stronger and does not break, and that's what he sent to me. They told me they stand behind their product and will replace any blade that breaks.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Just tell them it broke! I broke two making choc chip cookie dough and the guy there found out (through this site actually) and replaced them both! Also they have a new yellow colored "professional" one that is much stronger and does not break, and that's what he sent to me. They told me they stand behind their product and will replace any blade that breaks.

I bought the yellow one (my first) because I remembered reading your thread about yours breaking. Thanks, I love it!

kimblyd Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 24

Well, darn.

If my second one breaks I definitely will try a different one. I had read a review about the side swipe and it sounded like there were problems with icing clumping up on it. I have never heard about the yellow professional one. Thanks for the info!

Kim

Kitagrl Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblyd

Well, darn.

If my second one breaks I definitely will try a different one. I had read a review about the side swipe and it sounded like there were problems with icing clumping up on it. I have never heard about the yellow professional one. Thanks for the info!

Kim

Just because you bought a second one doesn't mean you can't call...I had replaced one of mine and the guy still sent me two to replace my two that broke. Now I have three (and only two mixers! But I do have three bowls.)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:28am
post #10 of 24

What sized mixer do you have? My KA beaters are metal and I have all the different sizes, so I'm just wondering. You can probably but replacement beaters that are metal.

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:43am
post #11 of 24

Mine broke when I was just mixing cake batter. I emailed the company and they sent me a new one free of charge. I have the Side Swipe but don't like the nubs on it. It is so much harder to clean than the Beater Blade. I would chose the Beater Blade every time due to their great customer service!

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:52am
post #12 of 24

I have three different KA models and all have the metal blade. I didn't know that they made a plastic one. Maybe the plastic one is included in the less expensive sale models that I hear about on CC all the time.

Kitagrl Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:04am
post #13 of 24

Costume, we are talking about those cool ones that have like spatula-edges so you don't have to scrape the bowl. They aren't sold by KA...very nice though! I rarely use the KA ones anymore.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:22am
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Costume, we are talking about those cool ones that have like spatula-edges so you don't have to scrape the bowl. They aren't sold by KA...very nice though! I rarely use the KA ones anymore.

Ahha, that's what I was wondering. You'd have to work really hard to break one of the KA ones!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:19am
post #15 of 24

Dang I wish I would have known they replaced them! I broke mine 2 weeks ago making cookie dough also and threw it away!
icon_sad.gif

Kitagrl Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:23am
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

Dang I wish I would have known they replaced them! I broke mine 2 weeks ago making cookie dough also and threw it away!
icon_sad.gif

Just call them up or email them!

chilz822 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:30am
post #17 of 24

Doing it now!
Thanks to everyone!

chilz822 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:08pm
post #18 of 24

Woohoo! I'm getting a replacement also! That has just made my day, thanks to all!

Kitagrl Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:24pm
post #19 of 24

They are so nice there, I'm a die hard beaterblade fan. icon_smile.gif

chilz822 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:01pm
post #20 of 24

I would have to say that I am as well... I didn't know how much I depended on it until I didn't have it!
Their CS was wonderful!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:17pm
post #21 of 24

I love mine too. Just did a big batch of NFSC and it was such a dream to not scrape down, though I was a little nervous about the stiffness of the batter.

Can you order the yellow one on their site?

Kitagrl Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:54pm
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyT

I love mine too. Just did a big batch of NFSC and it was such a dream to not scrape down, though I was a little nervous about the stiffness of the batter.

Can you order the yellow one on their site?

You should be able to...that or Amazon.com.

chilz822 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:56pm
post #23 of 24

NFSC is what broke mine, but I had made many batches prior to that one, maybe I weakened it or something...

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 7:02pm
post #24 of 24

Wow, I was just thinking yesterday that I am sick of scraping down the bowl and should look into a Beaterblade, but was concerned if it would be durable enough. Now I know, they stand behind their product, I'm sold. Thanks for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%